Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Creating a CWP and still use IWP...

This topic is 6600 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

First time poster here. I treid searchign before I posted, but did not find what I wanted (more like did not have the patence to look any longer).

Anyway. Recently moved an entire conference registration system (900 students, 63 different events) from FMP 5.5 Unlimited to FMS7A (We will be moving to 8 soon).

I liked how I could customize our web site with CDML tags to give advisors a clean listing of what events a student is in. Now in IWP, I cannot create that clean copy (My list before was Student name, than a Portal row for each event they are in and than the next student name and repeat).

Is there a way to create a Customized web page that is dynamic for each chapter that will permit me to list the students name and than the event they are listed in. I want to group the data like it would be a printable report (which you cannot view in IWP, only a browserable list).

All I need is the ocde to get strated or a book that covers CWP. This is for a student organization.

Thanks,

-clm

First time poster here. I treid searchign before I posted, but did not find what I wanted (more like did not have the patence to look any longer).

Anyway. Recently moved an entire conference registration system (900 students, 63 different events) from FMP 5.5 Unlimited to FMS7A (We will be moving to 8 soon).

I liked how I could customize our web site with CDML tags to give advisors a clean listing of what events a student is in. Now in IWP, I cannot create that clean copy (My list before was Student name, than a Portal row for each event they are in and than the next student name and repeat).

Is there a way to create a Customized web page that is dynamic for each chapter that will permit me to list the students name and than the event they are listed in. I want to group the data like it would be a printable report (which you cannot view in IWP, only a browserable list).

All I need is the ocde to get strated or a book that covers CWP. This is for a student organization.

Thanks,

-clm

You can do this through IWP you'll just have to use relationships and portals. If your unsure about how these work, your best bet would be to pick up a good filemaker book somewhere, or search the forums here for how relationships and portals work.

This topic is 6600 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.