Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Should I update to 8.03?

This topic is 6533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey all,

Well, after months of periodic saturdays spent combing my scripts, fields, layouts, buttons, etc etc etc in a converted FMP5 to 8 set of 24 interrelated files, today was the day for the final reconversion of our most current FMP5 files, and final data import into our (hopefully!) fully functional and fixed FMP8 solution! Good bye classic mode, finally.

Man, it flies too! Working with FMP Server 8, 4 clients, I maxed out the server RAM and boosted everyone's caches up to 64 megs and we are SMOKING.. love it so far, and my initial final test is turning up only a couple of new "close window" script steps I forgot to add to prevent unnecessary screen clutter.

I have noticed some bugs though, such as printing multiple scripts at a time doesn't work (only prints the last one) or printing multiple page scripts only prints the last page.

So I'm considering the 8.03 update, but I've seen some issues around here on it.

So the $64k question is.. should I go ahead and patch all 4 clients and the server? Or should I sit tight on 8.02 until the next update?

What say you?

Thanks in advance! I'm off to keep humming speedily through my newly zippy databases :yay:

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree.

I was initially sour on 8v2->8v3 because I had installation problems. It turns out I had a corrupt directory on my development system, probably unrelated, and nothing DiskWarrior couldn't fix. I then upgraded with no issues. One of my applications is pretty complex, 27 tables, 71 relationships, 136 layouts, 321 scripts -- and after two weeks of being beat on by 53 users, including IWP, has had no issues. It might even be faster, but that's subjective.

This topic is 6533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.