8.5 Object function comments/questions

This topic is 6524 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Comments on new object functions:

Make a simple rectangle. name the object. then set the object as a button, the object name no longer shows, naming the rectangle the same name indicates the name is used. resetting the rectangle as do nothing returns the object to its original name. Essentially the original object does not exist, but the name remains reserved. Doing the opposite, setting a named rectangle that that had a button already assigned to a do nothing, resets the object name null.

The GetLayoutObjAtribute function has an additional parameter not listed in the on line documentation...portal row. What does this return?

The information returned with the bounds attribute is missing the width and height as described in the online documentation.

I would expect the source attribute of a container field to return as the on help documentation states -quote- returns image data such as container data type -unquote-. However it only returns the field name. As it is in fact a field, not a graphic when queried as object type. Am I missing something here? When I label a know object such as a jpg it returns graphic as type, but returns ? for source.

All of the above for source seems to be true for the content attribute also.

Found this in the first hour or so.

This topic is 6524 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.