Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Paper size calculations

This topic is 6482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Help:

My problem is based on calculating how many pieces of paper I get from a specific paper size. In printing one way to find how many pieces we get, is using the following math work. I write the size of the original paper, and then I write the size I need. By canceling the number I find how many pieces of paper come out of the original size. I work it out like an algebra problem. The original size on the top, on the bottom the size I want. By crossing (dividing o canceling) numbers I find out how many pieces I get. For example if the original paper size is 17” x 22”, and I need pieces of 8.5” x 11”, I will get four pieces from each original sheet size, depending the way I set the paper in the paper cutter. I’m using FM 7 & 8.

Is there any printer that has sold this problem the easy way?

Thanks

Humberto

¡Hola Humberto!

We worked out this problem last fall using a custom function:

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/170643/

But, since it's a recursive function, you can't just transfer it into a regular calc. You'll need FM7 Developer or FM8 Advanced to install this custom function into your solution.

Ender:

If I try the formula (RectCount ( LadoA ; LadoB ; OriginalA ; OriginalB ) work fine. But when I try

to import it to my file it say that the RECTCOUNT does not appear in the new file. I try it with FM Pro advance, with no luck. Is that a Script or something like that. I am new in this. If you could help me again, I will appreciate it.

Humberto

The RectCount() function is a "custom function", which means it must be manually installed in each file (using FM7 Developer or FM8 Advanced, select File->Define->Custom Functions). After it is defined, you can then use it in your calcs & scripts.

This topic is 6482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.