AutoEnter Container Field

This topic is 8622 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Make the picture field a calculation, related to the orignal file.

File A:

Sales Person ID

Name

Picture (Container)

File B:

Sales Person ID

Name

Picture (calculation:

Sales::Picture

Relationship in file B:

Sales:

Sales Person ID = Sales Person ID (in file A)

Or you can use last name, but i wuld recommend you have a unique number, Last name would assume that only one Jones or one Simth could ever be in your File A database. Other wise you would end up with John's picutre on Marry's record. Which I am sure she would not appreciate.

The other way is to have a script that does a Set Field which would use the same relationship as above.

Hope that helps.

• Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by Ocean West:

Make the picture field a calculation, related to the orignal file.

File A:

Sales Person ID

Name

Picture (Container)

File B:

Sales Person ID

Name

Picture (calculation:

Sales::Picture

Relationship in file B:

Sales:

Sales Person ID = Sales Person ID (in file A)

Or you can use last name, but i wuld recommend you have a unique number, Last name would assume that only one Jones or one Simth could ever be in your File A database. Other wise you would end up with John's picutre on Marry's record. Which I am sure she would not appreciate.

The other way is to have a script that does a Set Field which would use the same relationship as above.

Hope that helps.

I appreciate your help. In the meantime, I discovered that if I entered each picture into the database as a "Global" field, and then created one "Picture" container field that used calculations to reference the individual salesperson's picture (Sales Last = "Jones", JonesPic, Sales Last="Smith", SmithPic, etc.) that it worked fine. What an amazing program FM5.0 is!!!!! Again, thanks.

Just keep in mind that globals are only current to the machine you are operating on. And that in a network environment if you modify a global it only affects the computer you are on. The last person who exits, their globals are saved not yours.

• Newbies

I have a database for a sales organization with 23 salespeople. When I enter the salesperson's last name, it automatically enters the first name, title, cell phone number, etc. (I have figured that much out.) What I CANNOT figure out is how to have the salesperson's PICTURE automatically entered into a Container field. I have looked everywhere, and read just about everything searching for an answer ... with no luck. I would REALLY appreciate your hlep! thanks.

This topic is 8622 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.