Recover Command

This topic is 8568 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm doing a Kiosk retail product using FM5 under Windows 98. I am trying to trap and handle the Recover command (by using a backup file instead of recovering) in a script. At the top of the script I have Set Error Capture (ON), and I'm testing immediately after the OPEN statement with Status(CurrentError), but the error never gets trapped and the system displays a message about using the Recover command.

Is is possible to avoid a user seeing this message and having to use the recover command? If the Web Companion generates an error code (805 according to the documentation), why doesn't FM by itself do the same thing? Thanks for any assistance

My best guess is that normal error codes are designed to trap programming conditions, not deal with major structural failures detected in a file. If all is well with the system on which you are running FM and periodic maintenance is performed you should NEVER corrupt a file. The only possibility would be a power failure (How about a UPS with shutdown notification?). -bd

-bd

This topic is 8568 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.