Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Create Equipment Checkout List from DBase of Equipment

MongoZen

This topic is 4664 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I currently have a dbase of equipment that I use to keep track of status, documentation and creating checkout forms.

For each major piece of equipment (Camera, Tripod, etc…) I have built packages that include all the accessories needed to use that piece of equipment. I then print these checkout forms and fill them in when someone needs something.

The limitation of this system that I would like to fix are as follows:

- Avoid using several forms when someone is checking out several packages

- Add equipment that is available but no included in any packages (cables, extra batteries, etc….)

- Assign the equipment being checked out to a person and have a checkout and checkin date.

I have no problem avoiding the issues of equipment missing when returned or damaged, I can handle this with hand written notes, the rest of the issues would be ideally addressed by having a form where I could select packages and have all the details of the equipment in that package added to the list of equipment on that form. Then I would also be able to access the equipment lists and add gear on a piece by piece basis.

Once the equipment being checked out is assembled on the form I could then assign it to a person with a check in and out date and notes.

I have created a table for the orders however I cannot figure out how to easily add equipment from both packages and the equipment list.

I have attached a screen shot of the table relations… let me know if you would like to see more.

post-104572-0-34590600-1312230536_thumb.

This topic is 4664 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.