Import image to container field

vcarl

This topic is 4098 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am using FM 11v.4 with mac os 10.6.8.  I have a database containing 832 entries and image has been associated with each entry, using store only a reference to the file.  I would now like to store the image file within the database, rather than the reference only.  Is there a way to convert the existing data base without making the change to each individual entry? thanks Vince 

Here is a very spartan solution. To test it import a picture folder (only refenece) and run the script "substitute all pictures".

The script "rel2abs_image" does the actual replacement. The other just iterates over the table and applies the script to every record.

Of course you'll have made a backup before you try that on your database.

demo.zip

• Newbies

Karsten, thanks for your post.  I don't understand what you are suggesting.  I am working from a backup copy of my database.  Your attached file (demo.zip )has been downloaded and I see there is a (import_rel2abs.fp7) as well as an empty (pict folder).

I have a record, it has 20 or so fields, one of which is a container field in which I have imported a picture (only reference).  Where do I find the script "substitute all pictures"? 

Suggestion was, that you import images into demo and see how this works; then copy & adapt the 2 script to your db. The picts folder was used for testing and I simply forgot to delete. 

Scripts you'll find in the scripts menu. 

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 4098 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.