Server Maintenance This Week. ×

PC server side import failing to find file

This topic is 3677 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

Am running FMS12 - I found the post regarding server import export and have followed these instructions.

http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/64713-server-side-imports-and-exports/

However the script that I set up to import a file is failing, I believe this is because it is not finding the file to import, although I get no error only a time out, and given the test is for but 100 records am certain that it is not because of inadequate time to run it.

I have tried:

Setting up a variable to Get (DocumentsPath) & "[filename].xls"

Have added "file:" and "filewin:" types to precede that so "file:" & Get ( DocumentsPath ) & "Kinds.xls" and

"filewin:" & Get ( DocumentsPath ) & "Kinds.xls"

Have used the "Get (DocumentsPathListing) to gather the files in the documents folder and used the explicit path to try to import from that. Alas to no avail.

Noted that the directory uses back slashes not forward slashes (as the documents path listing shows) when I view this in properties, so I've even tried the path from there.

Am exporting fine into the directory using the same variable, was then hoping to switch to another layout and import the same records back in, works fine on standard FMP, but just can't get it working on FMS.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks

I think I have found the problem - it was file type! I had used an xlsx to set up the import and then specified xls in the import options... nothing to do with naming conventions.

Thanks for looking though.

This topic is 3677 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.