Disable Export Error Message

This topic is 3657 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I was wondering if there is a way to disable to error message the pops up after a failed export. Even when error capture is on I still get a popup about being unable to create the file. The reason I need to do this is that I have a robot client running on the server machine and I can't have it waiting for someone to click ok after an export fails. I would rather be able to capture the error and make a report so I can check it later. I'm not sure why the export failed in the first place and obviously it would be better to just fix the problem, but for future problems I would like to avoid this issue. I'm using FMS 13 and FM 13 on a Windows 8 computer. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thank you but as I said I get the error message even with Error Capture set to On. For instance, I made a script that has this in it:

Set Error Capture [ On ]
Export Records [ File Name: “filewin:/C:/Users/Paul/Desktop/ttt/test.tab”; Character Set: “Windows (ANSI)”; Field Order: Projects::Date Started Projects::Description Projects::Name ] [ No dialog ]

and Users/Paul/Desktop/ttt/ is not a real folder. As expected it cannot create the file. But even with the Error Capture line I get an error message. I find this a little strange. I haven't tested it on a Mac yet but the machine it needs to run on is a Windows machine.

You are correct, it was an error about not being able to create at the location. I ended up sidestepping the issue by using ScriptMaster to create the file. It was a CSV file and I now have the script capturing the needed data and creating the file using the plugin. Thanks anyway

This topic is 3657 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.