This topic is 2613 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I am facing a strange issue in doing searching/relational link for a DATE type data. I am having 2 global fields (g_StartDate, g_EndDate ) to take input (DATE) and there is a column exist on the table creation date (DateCreated_xd) based on the input date range I am filtering list of records.

While I do the search its working as per the requirements but when my client use the same file with same date range it doesn't fiend anything. The issue is not in my programing/scripting but the issue in the DATA.

I am from India and I am using a system which is having system settings (LANGUAGE, DATE & TIMING) US English. Where as my client is an Australian guy who uses their system settings.

Date in my format is MM/DD/YYYY

But Date format of my client is DD/MM/YYYY

The field DateCreated_xd is an auto entered field so its set data as MM/DD/YYYY format when I create the records and when my client create records Filemaker set the Date data in format DD/MM/YYYY.

So the issue is that the records created by me are not shows while my client use the application and when I use the application I am not able to see records created by him.

Can anyone advice me how can I get rid of this issue so that the date format for both will be remain same and the search issue will fixed.

a great thanks in advance :)

Manjit

This shouldn't be a problem, IF all three fields are of type Date AND the file is set to 'Always use current system settings' (under File Options… > Text > Data Entry).

However, for best results, your client should clone the file under their own system, then import their data into the clone.

This topic is 2613 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By BostonFM
      I am trying to script an import of three worksheets in the same Excel file. The 3 geographical regions worksheets are not structured the same, i.e. field name rows are not in the same place and are named differently.
      The script runs but stops to ask which worksheet to process.
      How do I create a variable/parameter in the script for it to proceed sequentially from worksheet 1-3 without stopping?
      Thanks
      DA
    • By HOnza
      This is a fresh story of me spending hours trying to fix a technical issue and accidentally revealing a gold nugget. A few days ago one of my nightly server-side scripts stopped working without any apparent reason. But when I tried to run the script in FileMaker Pro it worked just fine. I really needed a way to debug the script on the server.
      Read more here
    • By HOnza
      I noticed that one of the articles updated in the official FileMaker Knowledge Base on September 23, 2011 was explaining how to select a random set of records in a FileMaker database. I was wondering how fast the currently recommended technique is and whether Ican make it faster with the help of FM Bench. I tried to apply it to a set of 50,000 records of randomly generated data. Then I made it much faster…
      Read more in the original article
    • By HOnza
      This is the first example I was showing in my session Marvelous Optimizations at Pause On Error [x] London 2011. I already wrote about this optimization some time ago. It’s the one that led me to unveil the Marvelous Optimization Formula. You can find the original article here: FileMaker Script Execution Time Cut From 5 Hours To 6 Seconds
      I simply took the example and added FM Bench Detective into it to be able to exactly measure and examine what happens in the slow and the optimized script. Now you can watch the result in this video recorded at Pause On Error.
      Read more and download the sample file at honza.24uSoftware.com
    • By HOnza
      The second example I was showing in my session Marvelous Optimizations at Pause On Error [x] London 2011 was the script for selecting Random Set of Records. I found this example in the FileMaker Knowledge Base and optimized it to run at least 158 times faster when selecting 10 random records out of 50,000.
      This version of the example has FM Bench Detective script steps included to measure the original and the optimized script more precisely. Watch the video recorded at Pause On Error below to learn more details about this optimization.
      Read more and download the sample file at honza.24uSoftware.com
  • Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    camacorp 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.