This topic is 3606 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I am facing a strange issue in doing searching/relational link for a DATE type data. I am having 2 global fields (g_StartDate, g_EndDate ) to take input (DATE) and there is a column exist on the table creation date (DateCreated_xd) based on the input date range I am filtering list of records.

While I do the search its working as per the requirements but when my client use the same file with same date range it doesn't fiend anything. The issue is not in my programing/scripting but the issue in the DATA.

I am from India and I am using a system which is having system settings (LANGUAGE, DATE & TIMING) US English. Where as my client is an Australian guy who uses their system settings.

Date in my format is MM/DD/YYYY

But Date format of my client is DD/MM/YYYY

The field DateCreated_xd is an auto entered field so its set data as MM/DD/YYYY format when I create the records and when my client create records Filemaker set the Date data in format DD/MM/YYYY.

So the issue is that the records created by me are not shows while my client use the application and when I use the application I am not able to see records created by him.

Can anyone advice me how can I get rid of this issue so that the date format for both will be remain same and the search issue will fixed.

a great thanks in advance :)

Manjit

This shouldn't be a problem, IF all three fields are of type Date AND the file is set to 'Always use current system settings' (under File Options… > Text > Data Entry).

However, for best results, your client should clone the file under their own system, then import their data into the clone.

This topic is 3606 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.