Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SOAP Authentication - ScriptMaster Plugin

This topic is 3291 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Not too sure where to start here...

I need FM to post data to a SOAp web service. From what i understand this is feasible with ScriptMaster plugin thanks to module Post XML Data.

However, i'm struggling to get adequate documentation on what's next...

I understand how to register the plugin, access the external function thanks to the custom plugin i have created. Post XML Data requires:

• url: that one is fairly easy to figure out
  • xml: i can handle that one as well based on what i want to send to the target web service
  • soapaction: now that one is beyond me... Is that the name of the operation ?

Also i can't seem to find anywhere a way to include credentials in the outgoing stream... is that supported ?

Hope someone can help...

Thanks

I use the MBS-plugin for this stuff.
As it supports CURL you can send certifcate data along in your stream.

Could you be more specific on the credentials bit ?
Sometimes a web service requires one to log onto the service first and then returns you a sessionID. Then send the sesssion along every time. 

I am not an expert on these matters but the soap action usually is the url where the operator can be found. 

ok i managed to answer my own question which was much more about SOAP as such than FileMaker or the ScriptMaster plugin. i'll post my findings for what they are worth if it can help anyone.

The solution i am busy setting up already has SOAP web service setup using the WSM product from 360works which i was able to setup and test using the 360works SOAP java client. This part of the solution allows an external system (MS Navision/Dynamics CRM)  to feed it with fresh data. My counterpart developer was able to handle authentication to the FM SOAP web service.  The converse part was for the FM solution to send data back to the external system by accessing its SOAP web service from automation using the ScriptMaster plugin 'Post XML Data'.  My challenge was how to use this module as far as authentication is concerned as i was not sure how to include it in the data stream. I must say I am quite disappointed by the lack of documentation on SOAP authentication across the web unless i really don't know how to handle Google search. Using a HTTP listener i was able to reverse engineer the stream that the 360works SOAP client sends to the WSM product and see that the authentication bit is part of the envelope which makes the whole thing eventually very simple...

Voilà...

This topic is 3291 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.