relationship issues

H

This topic is 3110 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

i created a database for a food manufacturing company, they need to be able to link the product with the company that ordered it with its ingredients and be able to link on e to another.

i created it that from the product you can select a value list of the company that ordered it ,  i created a relationship.

however every time i create a new product and assign it to a company a new company is created. i assigned automated id`s so i cant even link them together.

please help me

24 minutes ago, H said:

24 minutes ago, H said:

1 minute ago, H said:

Are you getting my responses?

13 minutes ago, Wim Decorte said:

Not enough information... can you post some more details, screenshots, how the value list and the relationships are set up?

first time working in this forum, wondering whether you are seeing my screenshots

When you create a new record, you should script the process--entering of the customer name, id#, etc., and turn off the 'allow creation of records through via this relationship.  The way you are set up, on the products layout you can change the Customer name without any notice, destroying your data.

Hi, please, i am still awaiting help on how to script up the process from linking my product back to my customer without creating a new customer when i select it from the value list, please can someone help me.

1 hour ago, H said:

Hi, please, i am still awaiting help on how to script up the process from linking my product back to my customer without creating a new customer when i select it from the value list, please can someone help me.

Here are things that you need and some HINTS.

Tables and Keys

• Customer Table
    • Primary Key: CustomerID (Auto-enter get(uuid))
  • Product Table
    • Primary Key: ProductID (Auto-Enter get(uuid))
  • OrderLineItem
    • Primary Key: OrderLineItemID(Auto-Enter get(uuid))
    • Foreign Key: ProductID
    • Foreign Key: CustomerID

You need at least the above to accomplish what you need.

Please See Attached, Reworked File. I've put the example in the Order Line Item Tab on the Customer Form. Also a simple script to show creation of the related record.

Rabbi_Usher_Eckstien_Recovered.zip

Edited by GisMo

Hi, just review the file you have reworked, however there is still the same issue, i see you made it that one can select a company in the product page however the company still duplicates, please let me know how i can fix this error as it is breaking my entie database

@H please tell me how to duplicate your issue in the reworked file. Tell me what layout and what task. 

Edited by GisMo

on the product layout, when i create a new product and i select a company from the value list another company is created with the same name but different ID

it is a manufacturing database, i want to link the customer(the one creating the new food product) with the factory it is creating it in, with the ingredients the product is made up of

one customer, or rather company can manufacture many companies

sorry i am new to this, where is the forum chat?

This topic is 3110 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.