Cannot open database after uploading to Server using WebDirect

This topic is 2960 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am evaluating File Maker Pro 14 and Server 14.

After uploading a database to Sever 14, when the FM tries to open the version on the server I get this error:

The file "DBTrackingODBC.fmp12" could not be opened. (Extended privilege diabled)

The first database I tried worked, but this one it not. The only real differences are that I added an Admin password to this one and the tables are ODBC (to an Azure SQL server database if that matters.)

If I try to open the database via WebDirect on the browser, it asks me to login. But it will not accept my database's admin password. So I tried the server admin password and my ODBC database password to no avail.

I have anonymous access enabled in this database so if I click cancel, my database comes up but all of the fields say <Data Source Missing>

How do I get access to the database from FM? and what password am I supposed to be using in WebDirect?

I am on Windows 10 and the server is running locally.

Thanks,  Brad

@Fitch

Yup, that was at least part of it. Need the 32bit DSN for File Maker and the 64Bit DSN for the server which makes total sense.

I rebuilt my test DB from scratch and uploaded it and I did not get the error, but the login was not working, until you came to the rescue. The database is running from the server in FM14 just fine.

But now, I cannot open the database in WebDirect. The database is not in the /fmi/webd list. I cannot go to it manually ("Database not available" messsage) but it is in the list of databases in the Admin console. Does it have to wait to compile or something?

- Brad 

Did you verify in the security settings that the web direct extended privilege is enabled in the privilege set you're using?

Thanks, yeah, I figured out that you have to set the WebDirect access to the file before sharing it. And I learned that these are called extended privileges even though that term is not used anywhere in the app itself.

We're all good now, just going through tutorials on Lynda.com.

- Brad

Glad you figured it out. Not sure what you mean by "that term is not used anywhere in the app." Extended Privileges is a main tab under Manage Security, and is listed within the Edit Privilege Set dialog. There's also the functions Get(AccountExtendedPrivileges) and Get(CurrentExtendedPrivileges), and there's About accounts, privilege sets, and extended privileges.

I should have said   "that term is not used anywhere in the app that I have encountered yet". My bad.

The place i set the Extended Privileges was in the Configure for FileMaker WebDirect dialog. I just selected All Users for my test and that seemed to fix it.

I'll need to get much further into security settings before my journey is done - I don't know Privilege Sets from Extended Privilege Sets from Shinola yet.

- Brad

This topic is 2960 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.