By Roark Holz
Hello, I am wondering if someone can help me understand how external container fields work in FileMaker 15. For testing purposes I have created a very simple database shared from our FileMaker 15 Server, the database has two fields, a single text field and a single container field. I have set the container field to store files externally which works, the files end up in a subfolder on the FileMaker server where the database itself resides.
Now I would like to change the external location where the files associated with the container are stored, I found a section in the manual called "Managing external storage of container data" but this is where I am running into a problem. While logged into the database as the admin user I go to File-->Manage Containers. There is one location listed under Base Directories: "[hosted location]/Container Test/" however all of the buttons that I should be able to use to manage my containers are grayed out (New..., Edit..., Delete and Transfer Data...). The only buttons in there that work are cancel and OK. It seems like a permissions problem but I am logged in as the admin user with full access.
Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?
Ultimately I would like files uploaded to my container fields to be stored on a file share, either referenced by UNC path or by mapping a network drive.
Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide.
Hi. I'm using FMPro 12 Advanced.
Creating a database for our community centre and I need to add a membership number to contacts - but not all of them.
I've created a separate table for Membership numbers (as not all contacts will have one, so serial numbers aren't appropriate).
Each membership has a number of details fields.
It's probably a REALLY logical and stupid problem I'm batting against - but I need to:
Select a contact>go to their details>add a membership number (go to a floating window layout, enter the details to the serial-number-derived membership) and have the details including the number show up in a tab on the contact's details layout.
I've created a relationship between my contacts file and my membership file via the Contact_ID>Contact_ID_fk and have played around with other relationships.
I've also created a simple script from a button on the Contacts membership tab to go to the Membership Layout window and create a new record. But it keeps creating a new record in the Contacts, not Membership - even though the relationship only has to create new records in the memberships side.
I'm now running around in circles - please can anyone help me out here?????
I have a weird issue that just started happening when I use the 'Print to PDF' script step in a loop.
I have a script that passes through and prints out a set of pages. When I use the script Debugger and when I reach the spot I am having issues with, I can see, during the preview, that it is in the correct record; showing the correct page, but once it is done and saved as a PDF, it is showing the first record that was browsed.
I have attached a snapshot of the script I am using.
If you notice, I have it go to the layout First, Performs a Find based on a Variable - It finds the proper records.
Then it goes to the first record, (for this example, lets say record # 36)
Starts a loop and saves the record being browsed to a PDF. Then it moves on to the next record in the found set.
The Custom Dialog which SHOULD show the next records ID, does not. It still shows record #36.
I have no clue as to why. Even though as I go through each script step and I can visually confirm it is moving to the proper record in the FileMaker client, it does NOT save the proper Record.
If I switch the option on the 'Save Record as PDF' from Current Record, to records being browsed, it saves the proper records to PDFs, but it duplicates them 3 times and does not set the proper page numbers.
Attached is also the end result
The Observ ID: should be 36, 37, 38 but all three pages stay at 36 showing the exact same record.
Thank you all for your help.