H

Hide according to date date

Hi

something pretty simple , just can`t seem to get it right , i would appreciate if someone could guide me on this.

In my solution i give out jobs to my workers , they all see there jobs in there individual portals/logins.

what i want to do is that  3 days after the end date of the job it should hide from the portal.

How would i do that ???/

It might well be "pretty simple", but at this point it's not clear. Portals and logins are two very different things.

If you want a portal to exclude jobs 3 days after they have ended, it would be very easy to add that as a filtering condition to the portal's setup. However, since you say you keep giving out jobs to your workers, this would get progressively slower and slower, as portal filtering is essentially an unstored calculation performed on every related record.

So a better solution would be to define an unstored calculation field (in the parent table) that calculates the date of 3 days ago, and add the following predicate to the relationship itself:

Parent::cCutOffDate > Jobs::EndDate

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bcooney
      I'm running into an issue hiding a text object in a sub summary part when a summary field in the same part is empty or zero.
      I created a little demo file to show my issue. I resorted to using Get Summary, but that still doesn't work in my solution (but it's much more complicated report there).
      I'd appreciate feedback as to why I needed Get Summary.
      tia,
      Barbara
      summaryhide.fmp12
    • By iroc_mxrider
      Hello,
      Full disclosure: I am very new to scripting in FM.
      I am trying to hide an object based on 2 criteria:
      Leads::IsOnlineProposal = "No" and PatternCount (  $$Permissions ; "ViewOnlineProposal" ) = 0
      When the Value for Leads::IsOnlineProposal is "Yes" I wanted my object ( just a big square to hide the customer data on the screen ) to hide everything on the screen. That part works great. But I wanted to give some users permission to still view the customer info ( or continue hiding the object ) when the permission is checked even if the value for Leads::IsOnlineProposal = "Yes". Thus the second part of the hide scripting in the hide section of the inspector. I cannot seem to figure out what to input into inspector to achieve this. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Any help is much appreciated. Hope it all makes sense! Thank you in advance, sorry if I posted in the wrong section!
    • By emtau
      Greetings good people,
      I would like to take up your time if you could lend a hand in helping me on how to hide records that are no longer needed.
      To be more specific, I created a database with employees record in it. Any new employer will be put in the database and update his/her profile. My question is if an employee is no longer working with us, we want to keep his record but somehow exclude him/her/them from the current working employees.
      Options that came through my mind is that I could mark them as EX-EMPLOYEE on their photo in red or something like that but that would still include them with the current staff. So I want to hide them permanently like they've been deleted but when needed, we can show them who were they with all their past records still intact etc.
      Any ideas?
      Thanks.
    • By Grouchy
      Hi, I am trying to hide a field in a portal using a calculation on the "hide" behaviour.
      Based on this article from some versions back - https://www.teamdf.com/blogs/a-very-nice-way-to-format-a-sorted-portal-using-conditional-formatting/. However, I am trying to use Global Variables to achieve this.
      In short, my portal has a "category" field whose value is repeated. And I want to "GroupBy" it, and only show the first occurrence of the category and hide the subsequent ones.
      <category> <name> <description>
      Cat1 ... ...
      Cat1 ... ... << Hide Cat1
      Cat2 ... ...
      Cat2 ... ... << Hide Cat 2

I tried to hide the <category> field using the behaviour with the following calculation:
      Let([ 
      This = Category::Name ; 
      $$Prev = $$NextPrev ;
      $$NextPrev = This
      ] ;
      $$Prev = This
      )
      I keep $$Prev as the previous category value, so that if the current "This" field is the same, I attempt to hide it.
      This will hide all the <category> because presumably $$Prev = This.

However, If I test
      a. $$Prev = "Cat1"
      b. This = "Cat1" 
      "Cat1" gets hidden.
      I am just wondering if there's something wrong with my calculation?
      Thanks in advance!

• By Steven Swallow
      I have a little database that the sales people here can access via IWP (it's a FM 12 Advanced database).

I have provided a function where they can look at a list of new companies, and assign themselves to those companies. This has the effect of showing that company on their Dashboard.

I have also provided the rather useless function of hiding the portal row when they're looking at the list of companies. Useless, because as soon as they revisit the list, anything they've hidden comes back again.

I would like to provide a feature where they can click the same 'hide' button, and that company record is permanently hidden from view per user. So Adam hides it, but if Chris or Bob log in, they can still see it...Adam will never see it again.

I'm thinking I need some sort of join table with the sales persons UID linking to the companies UID, and a script behind the 'hide' button to do the work, but I'm not quite sure how to get started and implement it...or even whether I can get the 'hide' script to work with the limitations of IWP.

Any help much appreciated.
  • Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    scrumpto 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.