Jonathan Ackerman

Data erased on Webdirect via Android on Refresh or Panel Switch

Hello,

I am developing an app where users may login with Android or IOS via Webdirect.

On IOS (safari) via Webdirect-- everything is fine.

With Android(chrome)-- anytime the script refreshes the screen or switches panels-- all uncommitted data is lost.

any ideas or workarounds?-- 

my script checks validation and i really need to refresh to trigger conditional formatting

also hoping to have a multi-panel entry so the user does not have to scroll to the bottom (layout has about 100 fields)

thanks!

Have you tried an explicit "commit records" before the refresh?

If you do, what errors are returned from it, and can you grab the Get(RecordOpenState), Get(RecordOpenCount) before and after?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By NewBoard
      I have stumbled upon a strange bug in one of my Databases concerning a value list.
      We have a table containing part numbers, which is related to a table containing "revisions" for the part numbers, which is related to a table of inspections for the "revisions".
      On a layout of the Inspections table, I have a value list. This value list selects the UUID of the revision, but displays the Part Number for the user.
      This has worked perfectly for several months. However, this morning one of my users discovered that he was unable to located "0000194" from this list. At first I thought maybe the UUID's somewhere along the line had become disconnected from their respective foreign keys on related tables. This was not the case. I then tried deleting and remaking the value list. This did not solve my problem. Then I figured if I deleted and rebuilt everything related to 0000194 that would fix it. This was not the case either. As a last ditch effort I restarted our FileMaker server, to no such luck.
      So then I began playing around with various aspects of 0000194. First I changed the company name, but it still didn't show up on the value list. Then I changed the part number to "TESTPART", and it showed up perfectly. So I tried "0194" and that showed up. Same for "00194" and "000194", but as soon as I add a fourth zero making it 0000194, it disappears from my value list. I'm 95% sure that this part number used to show up on the value list just fine, as we've already done inspections using this part number. So I'm thinking this bug has something to do with the leading zeros. I'm unsure of how to debug this or if there's any workarounds for this issue.
      Let me know if I need to supply any more information.
      Thank you in advance for any help you all can offer!

[SOLUTION] At some point one of our scripts was run by a user without full permissions. The script added part number "0000194" to another customer, which I never noticed. Since Value Lists are indexed, it was not showing "0000194" because it was not a unique value. Deleting the second occurrence of "0000194" cleared my problem up.
    • By Bilbo
      Hello everyone,

I have found a stange behaviour with filemaker. I have two tables linked by a third one. I want to navigate using the portal. But if I use a script on layout exit, then the behaviour is abnormal.
      Please have a look at the enclosed database and try normal, then abnormal layout.
      Please tell me if you consider that it is a bug or not. If it is a bug, should I report it to Filemaker Inc. and how?

Thanks for your help,
      Regards
      Possible bug.fmp12
    • By Donald Clark
      I have a FileMaker server 13.v10 database solution that changed somehow during development and now does not display several WebDirect objects properly.
      For starters, the text shows up as white on a white background, which it did not do before.  We have been and are using the Cool Grey theme.
      Other problems with display:
      1.  3 value lists will not display:  One a regular list from a set of values, another list from a related layout, and a third a filtered list from another layout.  Another value list works normally
      2.  A picture in a container field (locally stored, not external yet) does not show.
      3.  A filtered, sorted portal does not show the records, nor are they accessible in the portal. The filtering and sorting are straightforward.
      We have tried several things to correct the issue:
      1.  Made a new layout, grouped everything together and paste it on the new layout.
      2.  Made a new layout and made the fields and portal from scratch.
      3.  Simplified and changed the relationships to the portal
      4.  Substituted simplified relationships for the value lists (just for testing.
      5.  Tried the db on FM Server 16 and made most of the changes above, nothing was different.
      6.  Used Dropdowns, Popups, and radio buttons, no change in behavior
      7.  We had FMDiff examine the db for corruption, but they found no problems, so file corruption is not an issue.  We also compacted the db in order to reindex all indexed fields, but that did not help.

Everything works fine using FM client.  Only WebDirect has problems.

A photo showing the problems on WebDirect is attached, as is a photo showing the fields properly displayed in FileMaker Client.  Please forgive the look and feel; the photos show the layout as we made changes and are troubleshooting.
      Has anyone seen this before?  Do you have any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks for your help.

• By Jonathan Ackerman
      My client is experiencing empty dialog windows-- starting with the Launcher.
      She is running FileMaker Pro 15 - 32bit on windows.
      She reinstalled several times with same result.
      any ideas?

thanks!

• By Jonathan Ackerman
      When using WebDirect on an Android phone- sometimes when switching to a newlayout (via a scripted button)--
      all formatting disappears-
      see attached images.
      (also noticed that it also happens on webdirect via a desktop browser)
      anyone have ideas?
      thank you!

with correct formatting:

all formatting suddenly missing:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.