Sign in to follow this  
Stickybeak

Scribe Broken? Support Broken?

I have been running a document creation and management solution for 2 years.

My scribe maintenance subscription ran out so I bought a new license.

Boom the whole things has collapsed.

Scribe is throwing errors when a field in the database does not appear as a merge field in the document the attached being a typical error.

This solution is vital to my practice but 360Work have no taken 2 working days with no solution - not responding to my emails when I tell them that their work arounds aren't working.

2119699537_Screenshot2018-05-0508_55_13.png.1ef8c310e85882b5e11b11e124cb5f53.pngThis was suggested "ScribeSetErrorCapture(true)" - but that does not even appear in my steps in the script window.

Utterly frustrated.

Help!

Screenshot 2018-05-05 08.39.02.png

Edited by Stickybeak

Hey Stickybeak,

SetErrorCapture doesn't exist as a script step, just as a calculation. Not all of our functions could be ported from calculations into script steps when FileMaker 16 came out, but they can be still be invoked just the same. Try the following line towards the beginning of that script:

Set Variable [ $setErrorCaptureOn ; ScribeSetErrorCapture(true) ];

Here's a link to our documentation that describes the function in more detail: http://static.360works.com/plugins/Scribe/documentation.html#ScribeSetErrorCapture

I hope that works.  If not, please reply to my e-mail and I'd be more than happy to set up a meeting tomorrow.

Junior Perez

Ok.

they got onto it for which I am really grateful.

turns out error capture in scribe is not a script step its a calculation...which I actually worked out how to use.

thanks 360works for responding 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 360Works
      Scribe 4 - FileMaker OCR Scanning Demo Video
      Today, we wanted to share a practical way to use the new FileMaker OCR and PDF integration features in Scribe 4. If you have a stack of paper with information you need to access from FileMaker, you can easily automate this process with Scribe.
      In this demo video, we will show how you can scan in a stack of paper and extract the text (using OCR) into FileMaker, and have it on individual (spliced) PDF pages.
        Watch the Video   Stay updated with 360Works

Questions? Email: plugins@360Works.com

• By 360Works
      New Major Version Release:
      Scribe 4!
      We are excited to announce a new major version of a popular 360Works plug-in, introducing Scribe 4! 360Works Scribe is the ultimate document automation plug-in for FileMaker; it allows integration with Word, Excel, and PDF documents. In this release, we are taking it to the next level by adding in the ability to read your scanned documents, such as receipts, forms, or contract PDF files, with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) functionality. Additionally, we added features to allow you to merge PDFs and get meta-data from them, plus multiple fixes for existing functionality in Scribe.
      New OCR Functionality
      Scribe 4 ships with brand new OCR functionality to read your scanned documents and extract text to be added into FileMaker. For example, a law firm can scan in loads of paper legal contracts and have the text extracted and imported into the appropriate FileMaker records! Scribe leverages the technology of Amazon Textract which goes beyond simple OCR by not only extracting text but also identifying key information like the contents of fields in forms.

Click here for a cool demo file showing how to use this new OCR functionality in Scribe!
      New PDF Merge Feature
      We added two new functions to merge and manipulate PDFs with Scribe. For example, if you have a couple of PDFs stored in container fields, the new function ScribePDFMerge allows the two PDFs to be merged together. The new ScribePDFSplice function allows a multi-page PDF to be split up into smaller PDFs. This is beneficial if you have containers with multi-page PDFs, and only need to utilize a specific part of the entire PDF file.
      Get PDF Meta-Data
      You can now get meta-data about a PDF, such as the name of the author and page count. The new ScribeGetPDFAttributes function will return various meta-data about a PDF. This can be helpful if you want to have FileMaker manage PDF files according to the author or number of pages specified in the meta-data.
      Multiple Improvements to Existing Functionality
      We also made several upgrades to the existing Scribe functionality. When using Excel with Scribe, the Excel cell reading and writing images to Excel cells has been greatly improved. We also made fixes for the ScribeDocSubstitute function for replacing a value.

Try or Buy Scribe 4

Availability
      Scribe 4 is available now at the Scribe product page. Active maintenance subscribers for Scribe or the 360Works Portfolio Bundle can download new major version 4 at no additional cost. All purchases within the last 12 months are still under an active maintenance subscription. If the maintenance on Scribe has not been renewed within the last 12 months, you will need to purchase a new license to use Scribe 4.

For new license purchases, we have several license types available based on number of users, client-side or server-side usage, and a solution bundle license for developers with a vertical market solution.

A free, fully functional demo is available to test Scribe. While in demo mode, Scribe will run for 2 hours every time you launch FileMaker (or FileMaker Server, for server deployment).

Full pricing, license type information, and the demo version can be accessed at the Scribe product page.
        Try or Buy Scribe 4     Stay updated with 360Works

360Works

Questions? Please Email plugins@360Works.com

• By mvoogt
      I have started sending emails using the INSERT FROM URL method shown by soliant here:
      https://www.soliantconsulting.com/blog/html-email-filemaker/
      Emails are being sent out but many recipients seem to be getting my emails sent to their spam folders. I'm curious if this has anything to do with this method of sending emails.
    • By Stickybeak
      Has catalina broken scribe?

• By dmcs
      First off, I love 360Works plug-ins and Scribe. We've had a very successful deployment that has saved us lots of time thanks to this great utility. All I'm missing now is the ability to downsize the size of the font that goes into some of the PDF form fields because of extremely verbose answers that wind up getting cut off when the form is printed. I've tried downsizing the type in the database and in the calculation that sets the field. I'm thinking this may be a function of the PDF form template, but I don't have Adobe Acrobat Writer. I'm on a Mac. Let me know if there's a way to do this outside of altering the original form with Adobe Acrobat Writer. Thank you. 
  • Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    Ocean West 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.