Shortcut to move through layouts?

This topic is 2110 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In prior versions, we could 'scroll' through our layouts in LayoutMode using the record indicator.  It also displayed the number of layouts.  That seems to have gone to cyber heaven.  Does anyone know of a shortcut I can add on my Mac to the Application shortcuts to move through the layouts?  Or am I just not spotting that functionality yet?  😀

Hey Stephen!  Thank you for adding all the cool emoticons to FMForums!  :wink3:

Hi Steve, thank you for the idea!  If I uncheck Application Windows in my Preferences, which uses Ctrl+down arrow, that works!  I was about to give up but realized that maybe a pre-assigned shortcut was interfering!

And we can count the layouts with:  ValueCount ( LayoutNames ( "" ) )

Of course we shouldn't have to do either of these if they would have left the record indicator alone.  I hope FMI fixes that issue; it's not like the Status Toolbar is overly-crowded. 😃

Yeah you know how well 'hoping' works...

I don't think I saw it in any documentation, just stumbled on it when I started using Ctrl + up/down when they took away scrolling form view records with the mouse wheel, and tried it in layout mode.

.....Whatever happened to the cat avatar.....

I had originally tried all the key combinations to no avail.  But when you said it worked for you on Windows AND the keystroke tiled the windows on my desktop, I realized it might be a Mac shortcut being applied instead.  Yep, I won't hold my breath on getting that functionality back, unfortunately, although I will send in that suggestion.

My cat?  Oh, I really LOVED that avatar but I got tired of it.  Even the best things can become tiring if exposed constantly over long periods of time (maybe not true for ice cream).  I'll bring the cat back though ... it always makes me smile. 😎

Thanks again for helping me, Steve!

Hi LaRetta,

4 minutes ago, LaRetta said:

will send in that suggestion.

Please let us know the link when you do, and we will pile on in support. :banana:

Lee

13 minutes ago, Lee Smith said:

Hi LaRetta,

Please let us know the link when you do, and we will pile on in support. :banana:

Lee

+1

I honestly didn't know that was a real cat for about a year...don't know much about cats and never saw one like that.

This topic is 2110 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.