Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Show active field in portal

H

This topic is 2074 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

i have 3 Tables Property , Units , Tenant.

Each property has many units , Each unit has one tenant active but may have many inactive tenants from previous years.

All working fine BUT.....

i would need to show a table in the property layout of the units and each one only with its active tenant.

The portal is based on the units table. 

However the tenant just show up the tenant that was first input to the unit.

My question is , how could i get that only the active tenant should show to the unit?

i would really appreciate it someone could guide me on this.

Edited by H

H,

So you have a "status" for each tenant one option is to filter the portal to only 'active' 

the other option is in the "tenant" table create a field that calculates to only show the unit when the tenant is active:

ActiveTenants: Case ( status = "Active" ;  unitID ; "" )  

Then create a relationship from unit to tenant using  UNIT ---< ActiveTenants put that as a portal on the unit or property.

Thanks for you response , the first option would not work because the table is based on the units table therefore if i filter it based on active all it looks at the first input and filters according to that.

The second works in the data of the tenant table , but the same thing it will only show that way if i display a tenant portal , but would need to display a unit portal.

The unit has to be there regardless , it is just that the tenant it has to show the one that is marked active.

How would i do that ?

I think maybe you need another join table Units_Tenant which would show all rental history on that unit.  Similar to a Line Items table in an invoicing solution.

Then a portal on Units sorted by checkbox (for current tenant) would be at the top.  You can also put in a script trigger on the checkbox so only one can be checked in a portal.

Tnx for your response

12 minutes ago, Steve Martino said:

I think maybe you need another join table Units_Tenant which would show all rental history on that unit.  Similar to a Line Items table in an invoicing solution.

That i have created , when i go into the units  form layout i could see the unit and its details and then a 1 line portal that show the active tenant at default and via a value list that runs a script one could view older tenants .

what i need is in the property table in the units portal it should show the related "active" tenant.

New Post

Tnx  Ocean West , the sample looks good but ....

Firstly each unit could have ONLY 1 active tenant  (reason why i am say is below)

it is not just the tenant name that i would need to show but also rent, how long lease etc and then carry out calculations/summaries based on that for total rent  , average lease rent etc.

THEREFORE , it can't just take a say so copy of the right tenant it needs to feed all additional info so they could be summarised.

i hope i am clear .

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by H

17 minutes ago, H said:

Tnx for your response

22 minutes ago, Steve Martino said:

That i have created , when i go into the units  form layout i could see the unit and its details and then a 1 line portal that show the active tenant at default and via a value list that runs a script one could view older tenants .

Not according to you diagram, but if @Ocean West's sample file has you on the right track, then go with that.

You're 1 line portal could have a scroll bar that will show all past tenants when you scroll, leaving the active tenant on top.

Just now, Steve Martino said:

Not according to you diagram, but if @Ocean West's sample file has you on the right track, then go with that.

it is good to show the active tenant , but not what i require as would need more info  (working info)from the tenant too

Just now, Steve Martino said:

You're 1 line portal could have a scroll bar that will show all past tenants when you scroll, leaving the active tenant on top.

That is what i have in the Unit page.

No i would need it all summarised in the property page - that is what i am trying to figure out.

in the rental realm, typically a tenants are one or more persons residing in the dwelling, if you must serve notices on them you would need to have full legal names of all persons over 18 and should you need to send 3/60 or termination papers you may have to list all dwellers plus "Doe's 1-10".

A tenancy will have a effective date (move in / move out ) there I can think of cases were roommates agreements where people move on and you would need to accommodate for such transitions, or where one party dies and a new roommate/relative is added.

In one system i have to have roles of each resident are they the registered owner, a guest, a caregiver, etc. and some may be "trusts" or other legal entities lien holders they may be party to the lease but may not be allowed to take possession or reside on premises - these designations are needed for other processes. 

In thinking thru your comments it sounds like "tenant" is really an 'account' that is either active or inactive has other attributes such as rental rates and other terms and it may have one or more residents. A Unit can only have ONE active account (as much as we'd like we can only collect rent once ;) )

This solution is actually for commercial property where tenant would be a One company name with its company ID  #.

Each tenant has lease start date , end date , break dates  , rent, insurance, service charge  etc etc...

What i am trying to do is bring it all together it should show on a clear chart (would prefer portal) the current property state who is now residing there and its current income and lease length.

look at the fields in the tenant file i have ActiveTenant you could create one for each attribute  activeRent  then in your unit table you see the corresponding field.

this would allow you to show all the active units and attributes from the context of the property - unit portal

This topic is 2074 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.