Request User And Password

This topic is 1729 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys,

There is any script who request user and password of user after click in a button.

I have a check box in my solution with get username for log register and validation, i want to request user and pass to allow

user enter this option.

Thanks for all.

You can fake a login dialog with the "Show Custom Dialog" script step, or with a Card Window.

But in essence you'd be bypassing FM's native internal security in favor of a scripted solution.  If the user should have no access to a part of the solution then put that in the user's Privilege Set so that you don't have to ask for credentials *AFTER* the user is already authenticated and authorized up-front.

What you are proposing to do is often referred to as "ersatz security" or "roll your own security".  If you do a few searches on those topics here and on other FileMaker forums then you'll find many lively discussions about the dangers of using scripting and layouts (in other words: non-security schema elements) for security purposes.

58 minutes ago, Caio Euzébio said:

i want to request user and pass to allow

user enter this option.

It is difficult to understand your request. In general, you would require users to enter their credentials at login, before they are allowed to do anything in the solution. You can use privilege sets to allow access to some features to specific users only. If you have a scenario where a user would log in under one privilege set, and needed to access a feature requiring another privilege set, they would have to re-login using a different account name.

I think what OP is after is a re-validation for certain (senstive) areas in the solution as an extra security (presumably to ensure the logged in user hasn't left the workstation and someone else is accessing using the logged in user).

This can be done by grabbing the logged in user ( using Get( AccountName) ), and using the relogin script step to relogin the same user. You can then capture the result and cancel the action if the password was not correct.

This topic is 1729 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.