Hi!

using FM18v3 I defined an import, update using key with option :add remaining. 
Odd enough, when running the import for the first time, the key field remains empty. (Unexpected)
As a result the second time I run the script I get new records, but now the keyfieldfield is filled. (Expected) The third time the import also runs as expected ( no new records ).

I fixed this by defining this script in FM18 using an if. Eventually, I launched FM17 and re-did the script. Now it works like it should. 

Anyone else can replicate this?

Kind regards,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By stan111
      Gents, 
      there is a price list in Excel with images embedded. Do you have an idea how to import those records into DB with corresponding images preserved?
      Note that I've attached only two records, there are 600 of them. Any manual manipulations with the images is not an option.

price.xlsx
    • By mountainx
      I am trying to import data from a MySQL database and need to somehow also import fieldnames to be the fieldname in FMP. Is there anyway to do that? I have a CSV of the fieldnames and I also have a MySQL dump of fieldnames and associated data.
      Thanks for any help.
    • By Russell Watson
      Hi Jeremiah,
      maybe this is a place we can pass Feedback to you about Carafe.FM?
      MrWatson
      Improvement: UX confusing when search finds nothing
      Hi Jeremiah,
      I'm still goggling at Carafe ... and loving every minute of it! In general fantastic job on the UX of the whole app! Congrats!
      One thing is confusing ... when you search for something and nothing is found there is no feedback ... I then made the mistake of thinking the two little arrows to the right of the search box are for navigating the search term ... but clicking them doesn't work ... and then I realised, that they are for sorting ...
      Solution idea: Visual feedback
      It would be great if there was some kind of visual feedback to let you know that nothing has been found.
      Maybe a (very) quick and dirty fix could simply be a conditional format on the search box -> goes red when error 401 is active. (See image)
      Thanks
      MrWatson
      P.S. Have you considered hosting the Carafe.FM FileMaker files on GitHub?
      You have your other Carafe-code on GitHub, why not the FileMaker files, too?
      OK, so they are binary files, but on GitHub we could leverage the Issue-tracking tools, and make use of pull requests, etc.?

• By winklestork
      I have searched the forum and internet and not found an answer to my delima.
      I have a solution with a scripted import of a csv file. I do not want import dialog (e.g. mapping), so I have it set to no.  I don't know the name of the file, only that it is a csv file. If I leave the filename out of the import dialogue, the default SHOW filetype in the open file dialog is for a filemaker database. The user needs education to change the SHOW to csv or all. That is undesirable. If I import a correct file once, the next time the script runs in that session, it prompts for a csv file, but if I quit the application and run it again, it goes back to SHOWing  filemaker databases. If I provide a bogus file, e.g. YourFile.csv -- I have to capture errors or I get no file dialog for them to find their file. If they cancel, they get a filemaker dialog I don't control that tells them the user aborted the import, continue or cancel. If they cancel, the script exits and I don't get control. That, too, is undesirable.
      What is the best practice for scripted imports so that whether the user complies or cancels, I maintain control of what happens next?
    • By dkey
      My FMP pro 15 doesn't allow to import ".avi" and ".mkv" files.
      The error is the files are not the specified file type
      How to do so?
  • Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    arni 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.