Navigation after import

This topic is 1176 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi people! I hope someone can shed some light on the following issue.

I made a simple script for button to import the data from .xlsx and update a field. Script works good but I have a problem with the last step. If xlsx contains the data for import, field gets updated and record is not shifted. Fine.

However, if the .xlsx has no data to import, FM automatically shifts to the first record. What I would like is that in the latter case record is not shifted or in other words... I press the button, there is no import because there is no new data, current record is not shifted.

I tried with Go to Record as the last step but none of the offered options (first, last, previous, next) does the job. I guess I should use calculation option but I'm completely clueless what to put in.

Tnx in advance!!!

2021-01-04 00_55_57-Script Workspace.png

6 hours ago, Sinky said:

if the .xlsx has no data to import, FM automatically shifts to the first record.

That is not my observation at all. If I import using the "Update matching records" method, and the found set contains no matching records, I end up with an empty found set. That's how it should be: after importing, the found set consists of records that were either imported or modified by the import. 

I am also puzzled why you need both to isolate the target record AND use "Update matching records". If the source file contains some sort of identifier, then it should find the matching record by itself.

In any case, if you want to return to the selected record, you will need to remember it somehow first; for example, store its primary key value in a variable, then perform a find for it.

• 5 weeks later...

You're completely right. I messed something up. Anyway, I used your suggestion and after some trial-and-error moves I found the solution. So thank you!!!!!

I'm using both methods because the script I was working on supposed to be a part of the much larger script so I was simply trying out different things.

This topic is 1176 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.