Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Help Organizing a Product Catalog Made in FM7

This topic is 7317 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

My Tea Company is attempting to create our product catalog using Filemaker. Everything is going well so far, just this one hang up...

What we are making is basically a price list consisting of 5 or 6 different tables, each table for a different type of tea (green, white, black, etc). So what we would like is a graphic saying "Green Tea" and then a list of all the green tea records, then a graphic saying "black tea" and all the black tea records and so on. By the way, there is a "Tea Type" text field in each record that says whether it is green, black, white or whatever.

So I have no problem sorting the list by the tea type and then printing, my problem is inserting some kind of master formatting that applies to the different tea types.

What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks very much!

Andrew

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

Andrew,

I created a couple records, and this is the result, with almost no concession to looking professional. Your question seemed to deal mainly with a "subsummary" function of Filemaker, that allows you to group your records the page. In order for the page to look right, sort the types by "TeaType" and view the page (Layout#2) in Preview mode.

If you create container fields for the logos you want to see on the menu, then put those logo fields in the "Subsummary" section of the page, it is fairly easy (and flexible) to create new menus this way. As with most of my solutions, I know what I did but I'll be darned if I can effectively share it in writing.

I attached the file to see if this is what you had in mind. I apologize in advance for my obvious lack of knowledge about tea varieties. hope it gives you a laugh.

Paul

FileMaker Version: 6

Platform: Windows XP

Tea Tables.zip

This topic is 7317 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.