Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filemaker 7 <--> MySQL

This topic is 7094 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The following from MySQL will let you import data from MySQL directly into FMP via an ODBC connection. I've tested it in FMP 5.5 and 7.0 running locally on Windows and in 5.5 served on Mac but client on Windows. MySQL lists an OS X connector but I don't have access to an OS X machine so I can't comment on it

oops I forgot to add the link:

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/3.51.html

and beware of this (though the instal worked for me):

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=4303

One option is to use PHP. Go to www.abtrakt.com, get the free shell script . Then you can do things like this:

php -r '$link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'user', 'password');$db_list = mysql_list_dbs($link); while ($row = mysql_fetch_object($db_list)) {echo $row->Database . "n";};'

• 4 weeks later...

Just as Baloo says, you have to install the MySQL ODBC driver and use an import function in Filemaker to load data from MySQL.

If you want to put something into MySQL, you can consider using the "Execute SQL" script step and execute whatever SQL statements you desire. (for instance: "INSERT INTO table (fields) VALUES (values)", or: "UPDATE table SET field = value, field = value WHERE id = someidvalue", and so on).

Generally, all SQL statements supported by MySQL are possible to execute from within Filemaker.

Good luck with your databases.

Greetz,

Jorix

This topic is 7094 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.