Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Runing a script inside a field

This topic is 7013 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is it possible to do this?

I have a field that I put the search data in, then a search button next to it, I keep geting complaints from people that they should be able to put the data in the search field and press enter. can I make it do a scrpt off of the enter key inside a field?

dont think I explained it right, I have a car dealership. and we look the cars up by stock number to load the record. so one of the employees would punch in 2423 in the field and click the search button, but they want to enter the 2423 in the field and hit enter instead of clicking the search button

Then you either have to put them in a script before they enter the search, by clicking, say, a Find button, or use the EventScript plugin to trigger a script.

Or you could format the field as a pop-up menu and as a button. This probably isn't feasible in your situation though.

If you don't want to have a plugin, you could just set up a looping script that pauses in find mode for users to enter the criteria, when they hit enter or return, it performs the find and shows the results in preview mode and pauses again. When the user hits return again, the loop starts over the user is returned to find mode. Just add a button to cancel the loop when you want it to stop. (If you want to view the result in browse mode instead of preview, users will have to use the enter key on the numeric pad, as Queue mentioned above)

This topic is 7013 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.