Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Global container field not storing graphic?

This topic is 5998 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I "borrowed" the sorting concept from one of the Filemaker 9 templates for use in my own database. In the list view of the "Asset Management" template included with FMP 9, the list headers are buttons which can be clicked to sort the data by ascending or descending order. In order to accomplish this, there are a series of scripts/calculations which I copied into my database. Depending on whether the data is ascending or descending, there is a graphic of a delta or inverse delta next to the header. In the FMP template, it is stored in a global container field named "HiliteLibrary". The HiliteHEADER fields copy the appropriate graphic via a calculation, when the button is clicked. In my database, everything works fine, until I close the database and reopen. The two graphics which were stored in the global field are missing. The buttons still work, but the deltas are missing. If I copy and paste them back into the HiliteLibrary field, everything works until reopen the database. Help!

I'll make the standard guess that you're not hosting the database you're using are you?

I mean you're accessing it from one computer, but it's actually open on another. Only the host's changes to global fields are saved on close.

If you can get access to the db as the host the changes to the globals will be saved. Or you can create a one record table with container fields that are NOT globals and create an opening script that will load those non-globals into the globals on start up.

I supposed another possibility is that you have a script running on close or open that's clearing the globals.

This topic is 5998 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.