Dates as text calculation

This topic is 8551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I need to return a date in a text calculation as 11-Mar-00 from an existing field

example

Name & " " & Date & " " & Cost

"John 02-Jun-00 10.00"

I'm currently using DD/MM/YYYY with "DateToText(DateFrom)" in the calculation but need it formatted with short month name for export!

Can anyone help?

Happy New Year

T

Live Oak, I have a problem with a lookup which the choose function aleviates one part of my problem which is requiring me to manually perform a screen refresh: http://www.fmforums.com/ubb/Forum26/HTML/000956.html

I have been trying the 'case' and 'if then else' functions in my field calculated values. I just read your suggestion on this post and thought I would give it a try. It works except that it always looks up and returns the value for the first value Product::PRICE1. Can you suggest an alteration which would choose the correct pricing level with respect to the invoices discount level?

[This message has been edited by George (edited January 01, 2001).]

Thanks LiveOak, that works fine but I'm getting the year as "YYYY" how do I return "YY" ie "11-Jan-00" the text calculation I'm using is:

If(IsEmpty(DateFrom); "";

Day(DateFrom) & "-" &

Choose(Month(DateFrom); ""; "Jan";"Feb";"Mar";"Apr";"May";"Jun";"Jul";"Aug";"Sep";"Oct";"Nov";"Dec") & "-" &

Year(DateFrom)) & TabFM & ...

This topic is 8551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.