Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 3968 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello everyone,

I have written a short line of code as a custom html in the web viewer such that when the link present in the web viewer is clicked it runs a particular script in the file with a parameter. It looks like this:

"data:text/html," &"
<html>
<body>
&"/"& Get ( FileName )& "?script=<scriptName>&param=" &  <someField> &"'>View Map Detail</a>
</body>
</html>"

Now I know that this web viewer is doing what i want it to do. upon clicking the link the script is executed with the appropriate parameter. However each time the link is clicked filemaker reopens the file that i am trying to work with and asks me to reauthenticate and then runs the script. The functionality i want is for the link to be clicked in the web viewer and the script to run in the same (currently open) file. 

in case it helps, sharing is turned on, and when the script runs it reopens the file with the title: FileName (ComputerName)

There is insufficient detail in your webviewer code sample. It does not show if you are executing fmp: protocol or http: protocol.

The fact that it re-opens the file suggests you are using fmp: protocol, and this might actually be correct behaviour.

The http: protocol will allow you to execute server side scripts using the XML method of custom web publishing. Scripts are executed on the server.

You cannot do this without FileMaker Server.

Documentation for these methods are provided with FMS, however check the FMI website for a separate copy.

This topic is 3968 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.