Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SCMove Does Not Properly Move Thumbnails

This topic is 3876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have successfully implemented SuperContainer on a few projects.  I am now working on one where I'll actually use iterations.  In doing so, I created little Image Nav buttons under the web viewer, to browse through the existing images.

So if there are three images, it says, "Image 1 of 4".  As such, I need to manage the "iterations" when a file gets deleted.

Say I am on Image 2 of 4.  When the user clicks delete, it deletes the image, and I am left with iterations 1, 3, and 4.  For my nav to work, I need to renumber them.

To do this, I loop through each and basically say:

Set Variable [$iteration.new = $iteration.current]

Set Variable [$iteration.old = $iteration.new + 1]

SCMove ( $path & "/" & $iteration.old; $path & "/" & $iteration.new; "filename=" & filename.new)

(note, filename.new is reconstructed with the new iteration number prior to those steps)

So I successfully loop through and repeat this until I'm on the last iteration.  Works great.  They each get moved within the Files structure.  Image 2 is deleted, Image 3 becomes Image 2; Image 4 becomes Image 3.

However, they are NOT being moved and deleted properly in the Thumbnails structure.  My web viewer must be using the thumbnails, as it shows the same one for images 2 and 3.  However when I click on Image 3, it opens the correct one (different than what is being displayed in the web viewer).  I opened the folders in Finder and could see that the folder structures do not match.  Thumbnails shows Image 1 (correct), Image 2 (correct), Image 3 (incorrect - same as Image 2), and Image 4 (should now be Image 3).

Any ideas?

Hi Joe:

I am using FileMaker 12 and the SuperContainer 2.89, build 6050 (6/21/13).  It doesn't seem to be the cache, as I can see the physical folder structure in the SuperContainer folder tree.  Should I add a step with the companion plug-in to clear cache?

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed,

Clearing the cache won't help because the FileMaker function to clear the cache does not affect the web viewer, and there is no SuperContainer Companion plugin function to clear the cache either.

Instead we are producing a new build of SuperContainer which should resolve these issues. I wanted to confirm you had the latest version of both FileMaker and SuperContainer to see if you would be able to use next unreleased version. Can you send me an email at the address in my signature? I can provide you with a preview of the next update to SuperContainer that should prevent this from happening. If you have success with this build, we will most likely be releasing it in the next week or so.

This topic is 3876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.