Portel row move up and down

samarthmkt

This topic is 3400 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

What script or function used to move active portel row up and down position by keyboard.At present after sorting portel records the active row goes to first row and for further selection record it does not move up and down only page windows scroll as well as we can only select by mouse.

Thanks

Hi there,

this is the script I use to navigate up and down portal rows using the up and down keys.

Is it what you had in mind?

Set Variable [ $key; Value:Code ( Get ( TriggerKeystroke ) ) ] #
If [ $key = 31 ]
Go to Portal Row
[ Select; Next ] Else If [ $key = 29 ]
Go to Portal Row
[ Previous ] Else
Exit Script [ ] End If
Go to Field [ Pupil_Class_Assess_Join::Score ] #
Exit Script [ Result: False ]

Hi there,

this is the script I use to navigate up and down portal rows using the up and down keys.

Is it what you had in mind?

Set Variable [ $key; Value:Code ( Get ( TriggerKeystroke ) ) ] #
If [ $key = 31 ]
Go to Portal Row
[ Select; Next ] Else If [ $key = 29 ]
Go to Portal Row
[ Previous ] Else
Exit Script [ ] End If
Go to Field [ Pupil_Class_Assess_Join::Score ] #
Exit Script [ Result: False ]

Thanks For your Reply,

Though I have tried by above script but still the same portal row not moving by up and down  keys. I am sending small example file using this for office products layout and applied there in script trigger.

Yes here is attached file. I want to move keys up and down of sort list items in office products as well as in go down products layouts.
Thanks

Edited by Lee Smith
deleted the duplicate statement

If you want to move a row to a different position in the portal, the position of that related record within the sort order must be changed; that also means you will want to have (and use) a sort order field that allows arbitrary sorting, since you do NOT want to change your real data.

Have a look at the attached file.

MovePortalRow_eos.fmp12.zip

Thanks for your reply

Actually I want to move the default curser row to next or previous or what ever row I want to go by keyboard up and down keys. When I sort records it shows several related records (When put the item in search field) and I have to select  one of them. At present the default curser row goes to very first row and then I have to go to that desired row by mouse click only. My query is to go to that desired row by keyboard up and down keys.

Thanks.

That's exactly what the script I posted does - obviously you'll need to change the field name. The two keys used are the up and down arrows. It will only work on the one field it's triggered from - I have 3 different ones for different fields on the portal.

It will only work on the one field it's triggered from - I have 3 different ones for different fields on the portal.

To switch the row, but keep the active field, you only need a single “field-agnostic” script if you de-select the “Entire Contents“ option:
Set Variable [ $key; Value:Code ( Get ( TriggerKeystroke ) ) ]
If [ $key = 31 or $key = 29 ]
  Go to Portal Row [ No dialog; Get ( ActivePortalRowNumber ) + Case ( $key = 31 ; 1 ; -1 ) ]
End If

Dear Friend Eos,

Thanks for your query answer comments.

Though I have put the script as per your comments as "Navigation Portal Rows" in script trigger of office products (Where to I have to move active portal row down side in show all records)but still the same issue its only scrolling active row is not moving downside. It will helpful for me if you go through the attachment file where I am going wrong.

Thanks

Pos Invoices.zip

You're not using that script as script trigger for a portal or a field in a portal, but in two layouts in list view; also, it doesn't make sense to tie it to a graphic object.

Next time, please a ) kindly indicate the exact name of the layout place you're using an object in question (so people don't have to create and peruse the DDR to find it), and b ) study the terminology so you know the difference between a portal and a list layout!  :laugh:

You could an OnLayoutKeystroke trigger with …

Set Variable [ $key; Value:Code ( Get ( TriggerKeystroke ) ) ]
If [ $key = 31 or $key = 29 ]
  Go to Record/Request [ No dialog; Get ( RecordNumber ) + Case ( $key = 31 ; 1 ; -1 ) ]
  Exit Script [ False ] // so keystroke doesn't “bubble up”
End If

… to navigate in a found set (not only in list view); but note that there exists a built-in, simple shortcut ctrl-Down/Up Arrow to go to the previous / next record in a found set.

Dear Forum Friends

A  "Very Happy New Year" to all the friends. :jester:

Apart from my above issue one thing more also I am not getting proper result from above attachment file while when I transfer a field record from one table to another by variable and set the field record in another table field (The field name is search) and by script perform find that item name in that layout table. The script is working and finding the search records and by perform quick find it sorts the related records whatever any words or phrase contains in search item fields. The active rows goes to first row by default. According to my search result Active row should be on search item sort records.

Thanks

This topic is 3400 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.