Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 3099 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Dear sirs,

When I drop a pdf-file (invoice) in a digital doc-container of "projects" it works.  However, if later I want to open that pdf-file from the container, I get following error : "the file "51285.png" could not be opened.  It may be damaged or use a file format that Preview doesn't recognise".
I don't know what I am doing wrong because the file format I use is "pdf" and not "png".

Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 19.06.34.png

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your help.  Now I have figured it out and it works but only in the "summary"-section of "PROJECTS" where I can now store up to 4 different "contracts".

But I wanted to go to the "Digital Docs"-section of "PROJECTS" and have the possibility to store more then 4 contracts, docs, pdf.  How can I change the settings in the script so that pdf will open as pdf without the error as described above ?

Thanks for you help in advance :-)

Hi Jose, 

do you have container set up to store interactive content ?

If so, when you exporting your file to temp or what ever you do before you open it in program, is it saving those files with correct extension .pdf

or is it without extension ?? That could be your problem.

I'm PC only, not sure if it works like this on MAC .... :(

Edited by Alex Lxj

Hi Guys,

Sorry for not having had the time to look at your suggestions but I was abroad.  Thanks for your comments and help.

@Alex : yes. It has the extension "pdf" and I have no problem opening "xlsx" or "word".  Only "pdf" gives me a problem.

@Jonathan : I followed exactly what you wrote and explained and like I said : I have nob problem opening "pdf" in the "summary-section" of "projects".  It's just a problem when I want to store and then open a "pd" in the "digital doc-section" of "projects" (see screenshot).

Now, I am not storing a ton of pdf pr other documents in FMSP so I don't think I will be using "digital doc" but it's frustrating not knowing why this happens.  The 4 containers in the summary section of projects is normally enough for the important docs I have to keep to the project.

Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 23.40.20.png

This topic is 3099 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.