Import Script performance from Windows is very slow

This topic is 2936 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

My scenario is, when I used to RUN a Import (Folder with Import only the reference) script from a iMac mini to remote Windows File server, it used to take 4-8 hours. But when started using the same script from Same server(Windows), it started to take more than 24 hours. Only things I have changed:

• Import from Windows FS ( Files of type Windows from OS X)
  • Modified the Folder location to local server.

Any suggestions or known issues..

Pls note: Previously we used Filemaker 10-11 now using 13-14 in both client server. The old Mac was OS X (10.5.8) with FM Advanced 10. And the old remote server was a Physical windows 2008 server with FM 10 server running as well as Fileserver to hold the files which where been imported as reference.

Edited by haseebiqbal

What OS is the new server and what specs?

Are you saying that you are running FMS on the same file server that you used to use?

Can you describe in a bit more detail how you've set up the import, what paths you are using?  I'm assuming this is a server-side script?

10 hours ago, Wim Decorte said:

What OS is the new server and what specs?

The new server is

VM GUest: Windows 2012 R2(64bit), 4 vCPU, 8GB RAM, Volumes.PNG.12c980d8b05d54af33b840766e0b

Are you saying that you are running FMS on the same file server that you used to use?

Old one was Physical Windows 2008 Enterprise, 6GB RAM, IBM System x3650. And the Nightly script used to Run from a Mac Mini pc by mounting two share/volume of this servers on the Mac. The script has the path to import from the mounted volumes, scans specific folder and updates all the file referenced in the database record based on the file name pattern.

Can you describe in a bit more detail how you've set up the import, what paths you are using?  I'm assuming this is a server-side script?

One of the Import scriptsImportScript.PNG.b0114e775ae75688a8a3979

While it runs(now it running): ImportProcess.PNG.ece4381e952400cdc77aaf

Path: Path.PNG.1430f39fe1041b2a5e3cad407d38a95PathVariables.PNG.baaa55be7a5e62a26dc099

Edited by haseebiqbal

• 2 weeks later...

I also find that imports performed on FMServer (by schedule or PSoS - Perform Script on Server) are much faster than 'local' imports on clients viewing hosted files.

beverly

This topic is 2936 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.