Have been using easySync for a while, but recently I have a problem where Close File ["Hosted_Database"]  does exactly that on OS X but leaves the server open on iOS.

OS X: FM Pro 14 & 15
    iOS: FMGo 14 & 15    

Tired adding a Close File ["Hosted_Database"] in line 136 of "Sync With Server"  at the beginning of #restore user interface
but this just generates an error 301:  which is record is already in use.  But of course the error only occurs on FMGo.

I must have done something simple to cause this but not sure what… any ideas are most welcome.

Edited by folks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By FM_Newbie
      Hi Guys,
      I had been using FM EasySync for few months now, so it had been working fine till now.
      Without having any change in the table structure, i got the error " The attempt to push data into server has failed ( The mesage recevied rom the server was "852" )
      852 Error is :  Cannot write a file to the external storage
      I believe this is related to container fileds I am using. There has been no change in the Container field options. They are still being stored "Externally" on the server with Open Storage option. Also there hasn't been any change on Server policies as well.
      I have no clue as to what could have cause this. Anyone having idea about this ??
      Thanks much.
    • By GisMo
      I have created a webclip for iOS with a FMP Url with the format FMP://username:password@myserver.com/mydatabase.fmp12
      I have the extended privilege set to:  fmreauthenticate0 to make testing easy
      upon first launch, it works correctly. When I press the home button on the device.. I wait 10 seconds and then I launch from the URL/Webclip I am prompted for login credentials(This shouldnt be because I am passing the credentials in via the URL. If I press cancel as the login screen, it seems to work just continue as it should with the login credentials. I am getting some complaints and confusion from the users about it. 
      How do I fix this?

• By folks
      I wonder if the storage for the images remains at the size of the original image taken by the iPad camera
      in spite of the replacement of that image by a much smaller thumbnail.  

From the isolated tests below ( with attached example db )
      it looks like some of the storage in FMGo14 is recovered but not all, double what it should be.
      Also the overhead per container record appears to grow in a non linear manner on both FM OS X and FMGo14.
      Adding photos directly in FM on OS X appears to recover much of the storage that was not recovered in FMGo14.
      Unfortunately, only when another photo is added.  In my solutions all photos are added in FMGo14 so storage
      size grows quite rapidly  :  (

The thumbnails are typically smaller than 1.1MB while the storage consumed for each image within
      the database appears to be average to 3.67 MB

If this theory holds water how to I get the extra storage back as this is causing some real problems
      with sync times.

calculation for container field

// If the content of the container is an image shrink without distortion so max dimension is 1920
      // if it is not an image then return self. This would apply to audio, files and music
      // if image has a largest dimension that is less than 1920 then just use image do not attempt to enlarge image.

If ( PatternCount  ( GetContainerAttribute ( Media;"filename" ) ; ".jpg" )  or
          PatternCount  ( GetContainerAttribute ( Media;"filename" ) ; ".png" )  or
          PatternCount  ( GetContainerAttribute ( Media;"filename" ) ; ".bmp" ) or
          PatternCount  ( GetContainerAttribute ( Media;"filename" ) ; ".gif" )    or
          PatternCount  ( GetContainerAttribute ( Media;"filename" ) ; ".tif" )
            ;
                  GetThumbnail (
                                          Self ;
                                          If ( GetWidth ( Self ) <  1920 ; GetWidth ( Self ) ; 1920 ) ;
                                          If ( GetHeight ( Self ) <  1920 ; GetHeight ( Self ) ; 1920 )
                                        ) ;
                    Self
          )

Isolated Tests

Created ContainerPhotoTest filemaker db with a single table and single field Media with
      GetThumbnail calculated result

Move to iPhone 5s FMGo14 take photo

ContainerPhotoTest  197 k with no photo
      ContainerPhotoTest  1.7MB with single photo

Export Photo to desktop from Container
      Photo Size 467 KB

But the database storage size has increased by 1.699 MB

Add 8.6MB .jpg from the desktop in a second record

ContainerPhotoTest  1.3 MB in size
      Drag photo to desktop from container
      Photo Size 623 KB

( 197 k + 467 k + 623 k ) = 1287 k 
      1,300 k - 1287 k = 13 k extra space used.

What is happening here.
      So it looks like it works fine on OS X but perhaps not on iOS

Try again with iPad Air 2 iOS
        • ContainerPhotoTest  1.3 MB in size
        • Take photo from FMGo14 Container
        • Take similar photo on iPad camera app
        • Photo Size 2.6 MB
        • ContainerPhotoTest 2.1MB in size
        • photo 800 k size increase
        • Photo size 467 k
        • Close and reopen FMGo14

So it seems that in iOS some space is recovered on the photo re-size but not all.

Final Test on OS X
        • Create new record and.
        • drop similar photo 2.2 MB into container from desktop
        • ContainerPhotoTest still 2.1MB in size, no increase in size...
        • Quit and re open database
        • ContainerPhotoTest still 2.1MB in size
        • drag new photo to desktop 467k

( 197 k + 467 k + 623 k + 467 k ) = 1754 k
      2,100 k - 1754 k =  345 k extra space used

So it looks like something different is happening on OS X and FMGo
      I need to gather data including photos on FMGo and in practice as noted
      in the initial description of the production solution where no photos are added in OS X file size grows
      quite quickly.  
      ContainerPhotoTest.fmp12

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.