FM_Newbie

FMEasySync Push Error 852

Hi Guys,

I had been using FM EasySync for few months now, so it had been working fine till now.

Without having any change in the table structure, i got the error " The attempt to push data into server has failed ( The mesage recevied rom the server was "852" )

852 Error is :  Cannot write a file to the external storage

I believe this is related to container fileds I am using. There has been no change in the Container field options. They are still being stored "Externally" on the server with Open Storage option. Also there hasn't been any change on Server policies as well.

I have no clue as to what could have cause this. Anyone having idea about this ??

Thanks much.

Perhaps it's a path issue caused by a filename that's not acceptable?

• Like 1

thanks @bcooney, i think you are right. I didn't think it through. I will give it a try and search for any such file that may have caused problem while being pushed to server.

Thanks @bcooney I was able to find a flaw in the design while being stuck with this problem. Your commet was helpful in thinking me towards that direction.

Cheers,

Glad to help! Not easy troubleshooting sync, that's for sure!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By milanm
      Has anyone had the following issue and might have a quick fix. I migrated client files from FM Server 13 residing on Mac Server to FM Server 14 residing on Windows Server. All went very well except one thing, which i would be grateful if someone could help me on.   PREVIOUS STATE   - The client had his files hosted on OX platform and with FileMaker 13 Server. - There is a container field in the records that would contain pdf files, these are 1 or more pages document files. - When the user dragged the file into the container field it would display as page thumbnail BOTH on Mac and Windows.   AFTER THE MIGRATION TO WINDOWS SERVER   - files still display thumbnails when dragged on MAC - the files are displaying FILE ICON when dragged into the container on WINDOWS.   Tech boards are suggesting that Windows can not insert the file as picture into the FM container field, but there it happened before. Does anyone have any isight on this behaviour, is it documented anywhere? Thank you
    • By AbsoluteVoice4u
      I'm looking to create a script and place it in a button to exist on two layouts (BACKUP and MAIN), to accomplish the following when activated from either layout:
      Copy current ACCTNUMBER
      If current layout is MAIN
      then go to BACKUP layout and show the same ACCTNUMBER record.
      else if
      current layout is BACKUP
      then go to MAIN layout and show the same ACCTNUMBER record.

....I'm sure it's a no brainer but right now I'm totally missing some small step to start the script ....help?

• By FM_Newbie
      Hi Guys,
      I am having trouble with Find Operation getting slower and slower each day. There are some design consideration as per some articles i have read recently which i will be doing as well.
      I inherited this solution from another developer, Find is based on some Calculation fields which are based further on some other calculation fields (both calculation fields have 'Do not store results' option checked)
      I know its not the best of designs, i wanted to ask for any possible improvement to Find process as its getting clumsy now.
      I have indexed relevant fields though, data in the table isn't huge, around 2000 records with 50 fields but Find is based on unstored calculation fields mainly.
      Can PSOS be used in Find Operation? 
      Is there any other thing i must do at the beginning.
      Thanks much,
    • By Anthony
      I am using Insert From URL to send HTTP GET request to my server and get the result.
      I have a function PING that returns 1 if the server is online, but it cannot returns 0 if it is not so I am catching the error on filemaker :
      Connection timed out; the timeout value is 60 seconds.
      Is there a way to reduce  this timeout value so the user does not have to wait a minute to know that the server is offline ?
      Similarly, if a process takes too long to answer, is there a way I can timeout the Insert From URL command ?
    • By Miss A!
      Hello Forum,
      I have scheduled a script that i expect to search for a running tour(on current date) and creates and invoice for that tour. The server gives a notification that that script ran but when i check the database, there are no records created. Also the script ran just fine initially and suddenly that began to happen, without any alterations.

Anybody aware of a situation like this with server scheduled scripts and have an idea how to fix this.

Thank you for your time and support.

Miss-Amen.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.