Updated file management plug-in for FileMaker Pro 16 improves Drag and Drop function
Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands, June 19, 2017–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi File Plug-in 9.0.1 for FileMaker Pro 16.
What is new in version 9.0.1?
Version 9.0.1 is a maintenance update of our plug-in for manipulating external files and folders directly from FileMaker Pro. In this version we fixed a bug with the TrFile_DragAndDrop function on Windows, which prevented drag and drop when running FileMaker Pro 16. We also improved the DragAndDrop.fmp12 example file: the calculation for the bounds of the three drag zones is now correct when running FileMaker Pro 16.
To read what was new in version 9.0 please see: https://www.troi.com/news/file90_pr/
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi File Plug-in 9.0.1 and earlier can be found at: https://www.troi.com/products/fileplugin/
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 9.0.1 is available for downloading at Troi’s Web site at: https://www.troi.com/products/fileplugin/
Licenses cost US$ 99 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
Upgrading to version 9.0.1 is free and recommended for all users of version 9.0: version 9.0.1 works with the same registration as the 9.0 version. Users who bought a license for Troi File Plug-in on or after May 10, 2016 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 9.0.1. Eligible users have been sent a new 9.0 registration. Contact us if you have not received yours.
Upgrades from licenses bought before May 10, 2016, are available from US$ 59 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
D. Budding, Troi Automatisering
I started working with FileMaker a while ago and so far it's been pretty fun and fairly easy to learn because I worked with MySQL in the past. However, there are still a few questions I have. I'm used to having complete freedom when it comes to databases, because in Python or C++ for instance I would simply write my own queries and get whatever data I need, no matter if a database is related to another or not. Anyway, the flexibility is still what causes me some problems. I have the following problem.
I'm working on an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software for the owner of several restaurants. I need to have the following tables to start with:
Restaurants Employees Jobs Visa Health Insurances Meetings Now, the person using the solution needs to be able to create as many restaurants, employees, jobs and meetings as they want and assign them to each other. For instance, Restaurant A is going to have 5 employees, Employee A, B, C, D, E and so on, and all these employees will have one or multiple (this is really important) jobs assigned to them. This process has to be flexible, so I can assign an employee to whichever restaurant and job I choose. You also need to be able to assign one or more visa to a job (and the assigned employee), the same goes for one or more health insurances. The next problem is about meetings. Each restaurant needs to be able to have meetings every once in while, which need the ability to keep track of employees that attend the meeting. So you should be able to select employees form a portal or card window (in FM16 for instance) and they will be added to another table MeetingAttendees or something similar. Again, this needs to be flexible so every restaurant can create meetings and check which employee is present. (I need to be able to create a layout to display the meetings and who has been present, if possible also to see who wasn't).
Normally I would simply take the IDs and create tables that join these iDs together, however I'm not able to recreate this in FileMaker, if one relationship works, the other breaks for some reason. If anyone could give me a simple layout of what my database needs to look like, or if possible and not too much to ask an example in FileMaker. Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Troi releases Troi Serial Plug-in 5.0 for FileMaker Pro 16
Serial communication plug-in adds new script steps and online help for FileMaker Pro 16.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, May 25, 2017–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Serial Plug-in 5.0 for FileMaker Pro 16.
What is Troi Serial Plug-in?
Troi Serial Plug-in gives FileMaker Pro easy and powerful access to external devices with a serial interface:
- read from and write to the (virtual) serial ports of the computer directly from FileMaker Pro without the need of a separate application
- native FileMaker script triggering, to get incoming data into the database
- "Suspend/Resume Serial Port" script step to temporarily suspend the incoming data stream and resume it when you are interested in the data
- "Wait for Match" function to wait for a specific text before triggering
- the possibility to open an unlimited number of serial ports and to trigger different scripts for different ports
What is new in version 5.0?
We rewrote Troi Serial Plug-in for FileMaker 16 and it now has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 16.
- Added new Serial_GetPortInfo function, which retrieves the status and other information of a serial port.
Version 5.0 adds the following new features when running in FileMaker 16:
- The Serial Plug-in adds 9 script steps when running in FileMaker Pro 16. You can select these script steps in the script steps pane in Script Workspace, or you can begin typing the script step name, then choose the script step from the list that appears. The script steps significantly expand the possible actions you can perform with FileMaker Pro. Only steps that perform an action have been added as a script step. Functions that just return information (like for example Serial_GetPortNames) are only available as an external function.
- Added new example file SimpleSerial-for-FMP16.fmp12, which demonstrates how to use the new external script steps of FileMaker Pro 16.
- Added support for online help for the functions and script steps of the plug-in. You can now easily get online help from the Troi website, by clicking the Help button (the small question mark button) next to the function description in the functions pane or the script step description in the script steps pane.
Apart from these additions we fixed several bugs and made various further improvements. More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi Serial Plug-in 5.0 can be found can be found at: https://www.troi.com/products/serialplugin/
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Serial Plug-in 5.0 is available for downloading at Troi's web site at: https://www.troi.com/products/serialplugin/
A cross platform developer license costs US$ 999. Details can be found on the Serial Plug-in page. You can order licenses from our website.
Version 5.0 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Serial Plug-in on or after June 2, 2016. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after May 30, 2017.
Upgrades from a cross platform developer license bought before June 2, 2016 are available from US$ 499. You can order upgrades from our web site.