Instant Web Publishing Auto-Login + Passing Variable

This topic is 2951 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Good morning! I need some help getting something working.

We have a company website, and we are trying to create a instant web publishing portal for our customers to login and view their open invoices. Pretty simple. We have all of our information on a FileMaker solution that is hosted with FileMaker Server 12. The problem is we can't get it to work the way we want it to. 

This is our idea and how we kind of want it to work. We want the have our customers create their accounts/passwords on our actual website. We will store their account information on our web server. We will authenticate their login on our web server. Then, after they log into our website, we want to take their username, bypass the filemaker instant web publishing login page, and then set their username (which they used to log into our website, not filemaker) to a global variable or a field or something, we just need it in filemaker so we can do searches on it. We have the instant web publishing layouts built and we can get all that part working fine, we have the login authentication working on our site, that part is fine. It's just bridging the two together. 

We are using WordPress to build the website, and our site is hosted on GoDaddy. Our problem is that we can't find a way to auto-login and bypass the login web publishing page. We currently have one account called "WebLogin" which we have been trying to use as a general login (since the actual customer login is authenticated on our website, not FileMaker) but we can't seem to bypass the page. I found this page through google searching: http://lnx.acidsoft.net/problemsolved/bypass-filemaker-iwp-login-via-url.html

and tried to do it the way that he describes, but it is not working. It gives me an error saying:

Bad Request

The server could not process your request due to a missing command: ""

And I get another dialog box that says: 

Bad Request

The server could not process your request because your session has timed out, been closed, or communication with the server has been lost.

Please reselect the database to begin a new session. If you cannot open the database, please contact your database administrator.

That is one of the problems, how can I resolve this?

My other problems is we are trying to pass through the username that the customer uses to login to our website as a variable in filemaker or even set it to a field. I am not sure how to do this. Is this even possible?

Thank you so much!

I do not believe this is possible using IWP. It is quite limited in a lot of ways...

With CWP, this should be fairly easy to achieve - of course, it also requires writing PHP pages for all the functions.

• Like 1

It is possible using a little CWP to pass the parameter into FM. I blogged about how to do it in webdirect for 13 here: http://www.soliantconsulting.com/blog/2015/01/extending-webdirect-url-parameters

The same technique could work with IWP, however.

Hope this helps

Mike

• Like 2

This topic is 2951 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.