Asu

Script to activate dropdown list

Hello, I am wondering if there is a script step or or other mechanism which would cause the automatic activation of a drop-down list, or a pop-up menu,  as if I had clicked on it.

Why?

How about the TAB order?

4 hours ago, Asu said:

Hello, I am wondering if there is a script step or or other mechanism which would cause the automatic activation of a drop-down list, or a pop-up menu,  as if I had clicked on it.

The Go to Field{} script step is equivalent to user tabbing into the field. In fact, any navigation step that causes a field to become active - Go to Field[], Go to Next Field[], Go to Previous Field []and Go to Object[] - will do the same thing.

Note however that while tabbing into the field causes a drop-down menu to drop down, it does not cause a pop-up menu to pop up (though there may be differences between versions and/or platforms in this aspect).

17 hours ago, comment said:

The Go to Field{} script step is equivalent to user tabbing into the field. In fact, any navigation step that causes a field to become active - Go to Field[], Go to Next Field[], Go to Previous Field []and Go to Object[] - will do the same thing.

Note however that while tabbing into the field causes a drop-down menu to drop down, it does not cause a pop-up menu to pop up (though there may be differences between versions and/or platforms in this aspect).

Great, thanks. I was using a popup menu and indeed the "go to field" step was not working with that. I did not know there was a difference.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By stan111
      Hi, 
      I created a dashboard with a bunch of buttons, attached script to every button, which allows me navigating to specific record of the Products table. Basically, every script is the same, with minor changes (only record ID field changes).
      The process of creating a script to every button is a very time consuming as I need to write a script that  a) goes to layout b)finds the certain record 
      1 "Step: Go to Layout
          Layout: Products

2 Step: Perform Find" 

Is there a way to simplify the task?

Thanks!
    • By Jonathan Ackerman
      is it possible to append text or images to the end of a loaded doc. (not just another document)-

i.e. something like--

$result=ScribeDocAppend ("new stuff")

it seems the function only looks to append other files, not text
      what i need is to be able to add custom text to the end of some documents-

not sure how to do this.

thanks!
    • By kims
      I am working on a script that will build a document based on a value from a drop down list.
      I have a layout that contains a Document Subtype. If a certain subtype is selected from the drop down list for this record, then I want my script to be able to pull from a specific container holding the appropriate document for that type. Then I can use Doc Append to combine the two documents. Each document would be custom then to the subtype.
      I'm pretty new at FileMaker so I'm still trying to figure a lot of things out and still trying to understand how to put things together and why it will/will not work.
      I was originally using Case but then I realized that was probably not the correct thing to do. It would either append both types of documents or one, but it wasn't always the correct one.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

If this helps, I want something that will do this:

If Subtype = a, b, or c, then append Doc 1
      If subtype = d, e, or f, then append Doc 2
      and so on...
    • By Asu
      Hello FM experts, 
      this is a concept step for a more complex script but I need a script that has 2 independent features:
      1: it selects the field it is attached to as a button
      2: it can be attached to any arbitrary field and it does the same on that field.  
      The imaginary script step would be this:
      Select field [the one I am attached to] The problem I am running into is that "go to field" can not be defined by calculation, while "go to object" gets confusing between the script and the field being grouped, as the problem detailed here [https://www.soliantconsulting.com/blog/story-about-go-to-object] seems to be a complicating factor.

Thanks
      Asu
    • By jcarter
      Hi Guys,
      I've been using CloudMail for a couple of years now to send marketing campaigns for my company. Just recently I have moved to remote hosting with AWS and now my server is offsite I have noticed some performance issues with cloudmail and a few other areas of my solution.
      To address these issues I have started using server-side scripts to perform labour intensive tasks such as creating bulk records (20,000) at one time. This has resulted in excellent performance once again.
      The problem I can't seem to fix is sending my email campaigns using server-side scripts. I have confirmed the plugin is installed etc on the server and with quite a bit of trial and error, I am still unable to send the campaigns.
      Does anyone have a sample script they use, or any advise how I can get this working?
      I appreciate any help and thanks in advance
      Regards,
      Jason

• Who Viewed the Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.