Sign in to follow this  
ggt667

When exporting XML as fmxmlresult.xml when does FilMaker populate the content of the layout attribute?

When exporting XML as fmxmlresult.xml when does FileMaker populate the content of the layout attribute?

Usually it looks like

<DATABASE DATEFORMAT="D/m/yyyy" LAYOUT="" NAME="Menu.fp7" RECORDS="51" TIMEFORMAT="k:mm:ss "/>

Yet sometimes it looks like this

<DATABASE DATEFORMAT="D/m/yyyy" LAYOUT="menu" NAME="Menu.fp7" RECORDS="51" TIMEFORMAT="k:mm:ss "/>

Then again when querying the XML RPC it always look like this

<datasource database="Menu.fp7" date-format="MM/dd/yyyy" layout="menu" table="Menu" time-format="HH:mm:ss" timestamp-format="MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss" total-count="0" />

Asking the question myself, answering the question myself as well. Checking the following checkbox populates the LAYOUT-attribute of FMPXMLRESULT

FMXMLRESULT LAYOUT populate.png

Edited by ggt667
Solved

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Anuj Kumar
      HI,
      In My DB- Table ( Product) have a Container field. 
      i want Export Container Field. & save in The create folder. 
      i have write these script:- 

In this script Folder Create successfully. & also Image Export Sucessfully On Desktop. 
      But I want export Image in The newly created folder. .
      can any one help me  to release this.
      thanks in advance
      Austi
    • By Pavlk
      I've attached two files. The first one is INVOICE, that is generated by every establishment when you purchase, and is in xml format.
      The second one is XSLT file, that is provided by government fiscal institution and is used to "translate" xml.
      PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: when I try to decode xml using attached xslt scheme on any online xml-converter website the output looks fine. BUT when importing to Filemaker, I receive an error: "XML parsing error: invalid document structure".

I would appreciate any help with the issue. Thanks.
      XML input.xml
      XSLT scheme.xslt
    • By brokenmouse
      I have a database that we use to update our website inventory. A few years ago we began offering customized merchandise that gets dropshipped direct from suppliers.  Suppliers give us data feed files with their inventory levels, pricing, etc. and this file manipulates the data. It takes our current web database, compares values and exports those products with their updated values.
      Importing the data and exporting used to take less than hour but now it takes several since the size of the web database has grown and the number of suppliers has grown.  Everything is automated through scripts. In the main table (web database), the proposed quantities, pricing, leadtime, variations, etc. all use unstored calculated fields to determine the new value. I then have a separate field which is used to flag items that need updating. The major bottleneck of the entire process is the searching of this field. It can take sometimes over an hour to search this field. Other steps like exporting the changes can take a while, too.
      I have done some things to optimize the database but it still seems that these unstored calc fields are what is dragging everything down. I have tried replacing some of those calc fields with text/num fields with "replace field contents" script steps (or auto entry) but it does not seem to make a difference because of the indexing.  The database is not hosted or shared and my computer has decent specs with an SSD HD. I've got a simplified design chart attached for reference.
      I am not sure that this is what comes with a large complex database file or if my design is flawed. The only two things I can think to try to reduce the processing time is:
      1) Rewrite the scripts to update the supplier/inventory table records instead of replacing the records fresh each time.
      2) Use a looped set field script to set the "change flag" field and/or the other updated price/qty/etc fields

Any thoughts or advice is much appreciated.

• By _Mark__
      Hi all,
      I'm completely new to XML and I'm making an XLST for an XML feed into my Filemaker database.
      Surprisingly, I got the basics down rather fast, but I'm really stumped on a few fields.
      See attached XLST, sample dataset and Filemaker test database.
      Referencing the XSLT metadata, the import works perfectly fine for the nodes named 'titleId' down through 'dealType' as well as the nodes under 'licensingWindow'. However I can't seem to get the values of a few other nodes. The trouble for me is that the nodes are nested in as child nodes that aren't named uniquely and I just can't figure out how to get their values.
      Example:
      <titleListingTextSets>
                  <listingTexts>
                      <listingText>
                          <name>SYNOPSIS75</name>
                          <value>Mickey continues to feel mounting pressure from the network.</value>
                      </listingText>
                      <listingText>
                          <name>SYNOPSIS234</name>
                          <value>Mickey continues to feel mounting pressure from the network as an affiliates dinner is fast approaching and they need something to sell to advertisers.</value>
                      </listingText>
                      <listingText>
      What I'm looking for is the value (text beginning with the word Mickey) of the field 'value' on the node under the ones whose name is 'name' containing the values 'SYNOPSIS75' and 'SYNOPSIS234'. Those values seem to be the only way to uniquely identify the 'value' fields. That's what I'm not getting. I had one try that did correctly identify and pull over the value data but it messed with the overall for-each I need for importing a number of records and thus I only got the data for a single record.
      I'm guessing there is an easy fix for this, but I'm just not familiar enough with XML to know it yet.
      I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me toward the right technique to use on this.
      You'll see in my XLST some of my failed attempts, if you'd like to see what I was trying.
      Thanks in advance,
      Mark
      NO_SYNOPSES_OR_LICENSE.xslt
      XML_TEST.fmp12
      Sample_Data.xml
    • By dkey
      I'm surte this is quite a simple task ... for someone expert
      I see I can export Record content using a Variable as the new filename for the exported file.
      I have more than 1200 records in my db and I hope to export 3 fields using one [fieldname: Title] as a filename.
      The path for my db is as follows
      file:/Macintosh HD/Users/Claudio/Documents/Synch Test Copy Copy.fmp12
      Thanks a lot

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.