We updated the server the past two days, you should see some speed performance of our site.

Sign in to follow this  
ggt667

When exporting XML as fmxmlresult.xml when does FilMaker populate the content of the layout attribute?

When exporting XML as fmxmlresult.xml when does FileMaker populate the content of the layout attribute?

Usually it looks like

<DATABASE DATEFORMAT="D/m/yyyy" LAYOUT="" NAME="Menu.fp7" RECORDS="51" TIMEFORMAT="k:mm:ss "/>

Yet sometimes it looks like this

<DATABASE DATEFORMAT="D/m/yyyy" LAYOUT="menu" NAME="Menu.fp7" RECORDS="51" TIMEFORMAT="k:mm:ss "/>

Then again when querying the XML RPC it always look like this

<datasource database="Menu.fp7" date-format="MM/dd/yyyy" layout="menu" table="Menu" time-format="HH:mm:ss" timestamp-format="MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss" total-count="0" />

Asking the question myself, answering the question myself as well. Checking the following checkbox populates the LAYOUT-attribute of FMPXMLRESULT

FMXMLRESULT LAYOUT populate.png

Edited by ggt667
Solved

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By _Mark__
      Hi all,
      I'm completely new to XML and I'm making an XLST for an XML feed into my Filemaker database.
      Surprisingly, I got the basics down rather fast, but I'm really stumped on a few fields.
      See attached XLST, sample dataset and Filemaker test database.
      Referencing the XSLT metadata, the import works perfectly fine for the nodes named 'titleId' down through 'dealType' as well as the nodes under 'licensingWindow'. However I can't seem to get the values of a few other nodes. The trouble for me is that the nodes are nested in as child nodes that aren't named uniquely and I just can't figure out how to get their values.
      Example:
      <titleListingTextSets>
                  <listingTexts>
                      <listingText>
                          <name>SYNOPSIS75</name>
                          <value>Mickey continues to feel mounting pressure from the network.</value>
                      </listingText>
                      <listingText>
                          <name>SYNOPSIS234</name>
                          <value>Mickey continues to feel mounting pressure from the network as an affiliates dinner is fast approaching and they need something to sell to advertisers.</value>
                      </listingText>
                      <listingText>
      What I'm looking for is the value (text beginning with the word Mickey) of the field 'value' on the node under the ones whose name is 'name' containing the values 'SYNOPSIS75' and 'SYNOPSIS234'. Those values seem to be the only way to uniquely identify the 'value' fields. That's what I'm not getting. I had one try that did correctly identify and pull over the value data but it messed with the overall for-each I need for importing a number of records and thus I only got the data for a single record.
      I'm guessing there is an easy fix for this, but I'm just not familiar enough with XML to know it yet.
      I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me toward the right technique to use on this.
      You'll see in my XLST some of my failed attempts, if you'd like to see what I was trying.
      Thanks in advance,
      Mark
      NO_SYNOPSES_OR_LICENSE.xslt
      XML_TEST.fmp12
      Sample_Data.xml
    • By dkey
      I'm surte this is quite a simple task ... for someone expert
      I see I can export Record content using a Variable as the new filename for the exported file.
      I have more than 1200 records in my db and I hope to export 3 fields using one [fieldname: Title] as a filename.
      The path for my db is as follows
      file:/Macintosh HD/Users/Claudio/Documents/Synch Test Copy Copy.fmp12
      Thanks a lot
    • By Toni
      Hello forumers
      I have a small issue with an export on a network path. Generally the path is alive, but very rarely it can happen that is not reachable. When not reachable, you'll get the error message from FileMaker that file can not be created .... (error code = 800). Since this dialog box can not be suppressed by Error Capture =On, the script will stop there until someone goes and clicks on the OK button of the message.
      Was wondering, is there a way to check if the path is reachable, and if it is not reachable then to exit script?
      Thank you, Toni
    • By transpower
      Suppose I have a column of numbers in a text field and I wish to export that field.  What happens is that only the last number of the column gets exported.  If, on the other hand, I separate each number by a comma, one after the other (not in a column), the export function works:  all numbers are exported.  The problem is that some other applications cannot easily read a comma-delimited text file--they prefer to read a column of numbers.  So:  is there any way to export a column of numbers (contained within one text field) to the disk?
    • By tomassia_fm
      Hello,
      I have a table with changing fields created by sql. So i could have 2 or 50 different fields on the same table.
      Il would like to export all of this so 2 when there is only 2 , etc to Excel without manging export function from my script.
      I would like to export all not depending numbers of fields.
      Is it possible ? (sorry for my english)
      Thanks
      Tom
  • Who Viewed the Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.