Sign in to follow this  
ggt667

When exporting XML as fmxmlresult.xml when does FilMaker populate the content of the layout attribute?

ggt667    8
Posted (edited)

When exporting XML as fmxmlresult.xml when does FileMaker populate the content of the layout attribute?

Usually it looks like

<DATABASE DATEFORMAT="D/m/yyyy" LAYOUT="" NAME="Menu.fp7" RECORDS="51" TIMEFORMAT="k:mm:ss "/>

Yet sometimes it looks like this

<DATABASE DATEFORMAT="D/m/yyyy" LAYOUT="menu" NAME="Menu.fp7" RECORDS="51" TIMEFORMAT="k:mm:ss "/>

Then again when querying the XML RPC it always look like this

<datasource database="Menu.fp7" date-format="MM/dd/yyyy" layout="menu" table="Menu" time-format="HH:mm:ss" timestamp-format="MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss" total-count="0" />

Asking the question myself, answering the question myself as well. Checking the following checkbox populates the LAYOUT-attribute of FMPXMLRESULT

FMXMLRESULT LAYOUT populate.png

Edited by ggt667
Solved

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Who Viewed the Topic

9 members have viewed this topic:
    Jesse Barnum  fishtech  NLR  Ron Cates  Junior360Works  doughemi  Lee Smith  SarahS  Amber360Works 
  • Similar Content

• By fmdataweb
      I'm doing an export of a table with 5 fields to an Excel file with an XSL stylesheet to control the formatting of the Excel data. So far it's working well - I just need to add some additional formatting for a few of the cells. I'm looking for help with examples/syntax for setting the following attributes:
      - making a cell bold
      - changing the font size of a cell
      - making all columns set to auto resize so they fit the contents of each column (same as double clicking the divider between 2 columns)
      All fields I'm exporting are text fields.
      Thanks,
      Steve
    • By Little Mighty
      Hi Guys
      I can't figure out a solution for this. The final result is an export, No data have to be stored in filemaker afterwards.
      I need to combine and export data from 3 tables to the SAME field in Excel. Lets say we have table A: A1, A2 and A3, table B: B1, B2 and B3 and table C: C1, C2 and C3. These are tied together by a unique number in the solution. I need these fields to output i the export as all 1's in one column beneath each other, all 2's in one column beneath each other and all 3's in one column beneath each other. 
      I am thinking, that I need a new table to combine these fields in 3 new fields D1, D2 and D3 and then do the export of this table. After export, the table could be deleted until next export. I am thinking this should be set up as a script. 
      Does the above make sense, and could it be done via a script?
      Thanks for the help - really appreciate it!
    • By Jeff M
      Hello,
      I've done quite a bit with FileMaker in the past, but have never jumped into the XML arena. Now I have a need to do so, and I'm really needing some help with something I'm sure is quite basic...but still foreign to me. I have an external data source which export XML in a very specific format (see attached). I need to import that into FileMaker so I can manipulate the data, do some various lookups, etc. Once I've made my changes in the data, I need to export in the exact format it was when imported so the external data source can properly import.
      Not sure if it makes sense to import into 2 tables (workflows, workflow steps) or just a single table. I'm open either way. Once the data is in FileMaker I can get all my calculations and lookups and scripts going and make the data what I need it to be, but then I'll need to export it.
      Can someone point me in the right direction?
      Thanks so much in advance!
      Jeff
      workflows_export.xml

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.