Bartek

Scribe Excel Insert Image Syntax

Hi There,

First of all many thanks to creators for amaizng plugin.

What is the syntax for inserting images to excel?

ScribeDocWriteValue ( “addImage()”; image ; page ; x location ; y location ; height ; width ) 

Do not work for xlsx with error about invalid cell name (first parameter is function adn for excel it seams it is not recognized) for pdf works fine as in demo expample

I tried standard syntax for excel where first parameter is table cell and second is image in container but it do not insert the image.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Bart

Edited by Bartek
Error in title

Hi-

When you tried the standard syntax, ie ScribeDocWriteValue( cell ; image), did you get any errors? That is how you would add an image with Excel. The 'addImage()' format is just for PDFs. What version of Scribe are you using?

Hi, 

I did not get any error when using standard syntax.

The image was just not added to the excel file like rest of the data.

I use it for product card generation.

Name, desc, image and i am dinamicly generating table with related extra product fields with definitions defined in category(similar to online store).

Everything works great exept of image insertion.

I am using latest plugin version availible from downloads.

To be sure i also used excel file provided in examples, because i had same issues with files saved from excel as xlsx from ms office (Maybe language settings, no time to get dipper)

Thanks, Bart

Edited by Bartek

Could you reproduce the issue and send your logs to support@360works.com? Locations for log files can be found here. You'll need to make sure Filemaker has not been restarted since the problem occurred. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Franziska B
      Dear 360 Works Team

In our FileMaker Solution we want to create an Excel report including text, numbers (dates) and images via Scribe.

The FileMaker export of text and numbers works fine. But we have a problem with the export of images in the xlsx.

After the Creation of the Excel reports all text- and number elements are in the .xlsx but the image not.

When we open the generated .xlsx, Excel shows the attached error massage:

For the export of the pictures, we test following script commands:  

ScribeDocValue[Name:“F5“;Value: table:: cell]

ScribeDocWriteValue("Table1!F5", table::cell)
      SetVariable[$PicXYZ; Value: ScribeDocWriteValue("Table1!F5", table::cell)]

Do we make a mistake, or could this be a known bug?

Our Systemconfig:
      FileMaker Pro Advanced 16.0.4.403
      Excel 2010 and Office 365;          
      360 Works Scribe 3.08 and Scribe 3.09
      Server:
      FM Server 16.0.3.304
      Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
      Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
      Could you help me please?
      Thanks

• By Dean Ingram
      I am trying to get a page count from a PDF file stored in a container field. ScribeDocLoad is successful. Next I'm attempting to use ScribeDocReadValue to get the PDFPageCount. The variable $LastPage is set to ScribeDocReadValue( "PDFPageCount" )
      This parameter, or any other of the metadata values listed in the documentation, results in an error like "Reading values is not supported for the file PDFPageCount"
      The documentation reads like this:
        Am I fundamentally misunderstanding what this is supposed to do? The PDF file has no formal "fields." Its just a scanned PDF. 
      D
    • By Stickybeak
      I am exploring accessing my solution through web direct using fmphost.
      solution works fine in server mode.
      however in web direct it says I do not have a sufficiently new version of scribe: I need > 2.15.
      problem is that I’m running 3.08 on my local Mac.
      is this an issue about file locations? Do I need to upload scribe or something?
    • By kims
      I am working on a script that will build a document based on a value from a drop down list.
      I have a layout that contains a Document Subtype. If a certain subtype is selected from the drop down list for this record, then I want my script to be able to pull from a specific container holding the appropriate document for that type. Then I can use Doc Append to combine the two documents. Each document would be custom then to the subtype.
      I'm pretty new at FileMaker so I'm still trying to figure a lot of things out and still trying to understand how to put things together and why it will/will not work.
      I was originally using Case but then I realized that was probably not the correct thing to do. It would either append both types of documents or one, but it wasn't always the correct one.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

If this helps, I want something that will do this:

If Subtype = a, b, or c, then append Doc 1
      If subtype = d, e, or f, then append Doc 2
      and so on...
  • Who Viewed the Topic

5 members have viewed this topic:
    _ian  igservices  Adam S  Noél Dubau  JavierDura 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.