Bartek

Scribe Excel Insert Image Syntax

Hi There,

First of all many thanks to creators for amaizng plugin.

What is the syntax for inserting images to excel?

ScribeDocWriteValue ( “addImage()”; image ; page ; x location ; y location ; height ; width ) 

Do not work for xlsx with error about invalid cell name (first parameter is function adn for excel it seams it is not recognized) for pdf works fine as in demo expample

I tried standard syntax for excel where first parameter is table cell and second is image in container but it do not insert the image.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Bart

Edited by Bartek
Error in title

Hi-

When you tried the standard syntax, ie ScribeDocWriteValue( cell ; image), did you get any errors? That is how you would add an image with Excel. The 'addImage()' format is just for PDFs. What version of Scribe are you using?

Hi, 

I did not get any error when using standard syntax.

The image was just not added to the excel file like rest of the data.

I use it for product card generation.

Name, desc, image and i am dinamicly generating table with related extra product fields with definitions defined in category(similar to online store).

Everything works great exept of image insertion.

I am using latest plugin version availible from downloads.

To be sure i also used excel file provided in examples, because i had same issues with files saved from excel as xlsx from ms office (Maybe language settings, no time to get dipper)

Thanks, Bart

Edited by Bartek

Could you reproduce the issue and send your logs to support@360works.com? Locations for log files can be found here. You'll need to make sure Filemaker has not been restarted since the problem occurred. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Stickybeak
      I am investigating moving my database to web direct. To do so I need to get scribe working on fmphost.
      I have added a script step to register the plugin - which works fine in self hosted or fmphosted but I still get an error telling me that I need to install the plugin when I try to run it in webdirect.

I have be speaking with fmphost who reported "It turns out the Scribe plugin also needed to be enabled in the FileMaker Server Admin Console. We have enabled the plugin, so it should be working now.".
      I am wondering if my license wont work with web direct. My license is described as "360Works Scribe 2.15 / Upgrade from Single User License to Scribe Workgroup License (Upgrade)".
      Any ideas?
    • By Jonathan Ackerman
      Is it possible to specify any formatting (html/css) when using scribedocappend (with the scribe plug-in)

i am trying to add text on the fly that is centered.

any solutions?

thanks so much!
    • By Aaron Lamperti
      Anyone had any luck getting Scribe to substitute text within a Text Box in a word document?
    • By 360Works
      We get excited about adding innovation to the FileMaker platform! Today we are showing you how to use machine learning in FileMaker to detect objects, scenes, and images.

This can be useful for FileMaker databases that need to be able to identify objects and characteristics within an image file and report on the findings within the solution.
      Joe Martin, Senior Developer and Product Lead at 360Works, is demonstrating the process in the video below. He will be building off of AWS scripts from Jesse Barnum, President of 360Works, from his presentation at the 2018 FileMaker Developer Conference. See Jesse's past presentation and scripts in "Session Materials".
      FileMaker Image Detection Video and Free Demo File
        Download the Free Demo File

Download the Demo TXT File
      Want more AWS technology in FileMaker, but no time to implement it into your solution? Let us do the work for you. Email us at infobox@360works.com for consulting or questions.
        Stay updated with 360Works

• By Jonathan Ackerman
      is it possible to append text or images to the end of a loaded doc. (not just another document)-

i.e. something like--

$result=ScribeDocAppend ("new stuff")

it seems the function only looks to append other files, not text
      what i need is to be able to add custom text to the end of some documents-

not sure how to do this.

thanks!
  • Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    Nico Kobes 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.