Server Maintenance This Week. ×

filemaker pro database help!!!

This topic is 7939 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have several clients who hired me to create a FMP solution for their Access DBs.

I won't disparage Access here, since being a Mac person I can't use it (because, despite Monopolist Microsoft's agreement with Apple, they never ported this program and have no plans to do so), but I don't know of anyone switching from FMP to Access, so...

Oh ! Come on gentlemen - give the poor girl a chance, it's only her first posting !

Apart from "captkurt" being less than gentlemanly ("Why would you want to ?"), his advice is correct and in FMP 6 you can export as XML - but we would all much prefer you consider a superior solution in FMP.

Right boys ?

I was not trying to be "less than gentlemanly" (well maybe a little anti-M$) but I really wanted to know why. Since the reason for need this functionality will largely determine what the output will be and how I would answer the question.

Getting Filemaker data into Access for a report is a far different answer than converting a Filemaker solution into an Access solution. Or thinking that Access is needed to transfer data from Filemaker to SQLServer is also a situation that will cause a different answer.

Basically I needed more information and that was the real intent of the post.

This topic is 7939 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.