Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sort Script in Startup Script isn't executing

This topic is 7110 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Are you certain it's not sorting and then resorting for some reason? Did you put a Pause/Resume or Show Custom Dialog step in to see if it's ever activated?

Is there any reason the file might be opening without performing its on-open script? This was an issue in previous versions when the opening layout referenced a relationship in a closed file. It would open without performing the on-open script. I thought this had been resolved in 7 though.

Add a Show Custom Dialog step with Get(AccountName). It would seem the account name test is not successful, but putting a dialog step in will verify if it's getting past it.

Thanks but, no, it is definitely getting past it.

It's doing everything up to that sort.

And the problem is... it's ALMOST sorting them.

with a few errors in the sorting... then if I manually run the sort script.. it sorts them as they should be.

what could be stopping this same exact sort script from running correctly in the original script.

Could it be a problem with the first part of the script taking too long to happen :

I'm not sure. Try turning Error Capture off and then open the file. See what, if any, errors are produced.

I'm curious why you're re-logging in as andersok_rtdb if the account name is already andersok_rtdb though.

I'm relogging in because I"m authenticating against active directory, then relogging in to assign more specific privileges

I'm just testing it with andersok_rtdb 's account

I figured it out !!!! the problem had to do with the fact that the thing I was sorting on was a calculation that was based off of a related field.

For some reason, it wouldn't work while the startup script was running.

I got around it by passing the related value in the startup script into a global field in the table I am sorting on.

now it sorts. Anyone know why I had to do this to get it to work ? I don't understand what exactly the problem was.

This topic is 7110 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.