Lookup/conditional VL are not working or are strange in IWP!?!?!?

This topic is 6707 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a wonderful template that works fine in FM7 -- but needs to be implemented in IWP. I am working with a single file with over 9 tables and a lot of relationships, etc.

I set up FM for IWP in preferences and open my browser (Safari) to the IP address in the preferences and lo and behold there she is:)

However, all the value lists show up with a blue button -- not too bad, but then I find where there are conditional popup lists, ie. requiring one value for a field to be chosen before the popup list with the associated values from another table is available in the second field; the user must make the first choice and then select the "process" ( I think that what is was) button before advancing the second popup.....

Is this normal?

Secondly, I have a field that has a popup list that when a value is chosen a lookup from another table in the same file occurs .... great. In IWP, the lookup does not work.

Is this normal?

Indeed - and it's extremely counter intuitive to a user to say the least. Even if you make an invisible button on top, that by script commits the first part of the selection, and again scripted attempts to move the cursor into the field with the next popup, the focus isn't the same as if you placed the cursor by hand.

There might be a tiny chance to make the first selection an array of radio buttons, with invisible buttons on top, that scripted sets the first selection by script, commits the selection ...but I would say a portal for the second choise are more up to it.

Web interfaces are still too rigid to behave like real applictions, unless you master a mixture of Flash, Javascript and PHP.

You should perhaps consider to make bound solutions of your thingy, and syncronize them with:

http://www.worldsync.com/SyncDeK.html

--sd

Nope and both lookups and filtered portals won't work either unless you build everything in tiny bits via buttons on the layout containing the both "Set Field" and "Commit Record" step. The transaction model you are used to with things happening when you tab out of a field won't work under IWP.

The reason is probably that the overhead in the java scripting behind becomes a too huge thing on clayfeet. This is why you should taylor the process to fit each situation this means CWP and your own javascript brew.

--sd

This topic is 6707 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.