IWP and Field Auditing calcs

This topic is 6580 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an auto-enter calc audit field to track field changes, that works just fine when used from filemaker.

However, when used via IWP, it behaves strangely:

• No field changes are tracked when creating a new record, except for a single field.
  • No field changes are tracked when editing an existing record, except for a single field.
  • The one field that is tracked, shows up multiple times in the audit log. I see either 4 or sometimes 8 copies of the edit, all of them showing the same change (field "X" was changed from "A" to "B").
  • The field that does show up in the audit log happens to be an auto-enter calc field set to replace existing value. However, I have 2 other auto-enter calcs set to replace existing value that don't show up in the audit log.
  • The field that does show up in the audit log is the first field on the IWP layouts I'm using.

This is using FMS8Av2.

Anyone else seen this?

Further info, the audit tracker I'm using has the Get(ActiveFieldName) function in it. My theory now is that under IWP, Get(ActiveFieldName) always returns the same value, which kinda makes sense as when you are editing IWP fields, you aren't actually interacting with the database.

So, maybe this method is fatally flawed for use in IWP?

Anyone else found an audit tracker method that works using IWP?

This topic is 6580 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.