Server Maintenance This Week. ×

New Record Refused - Netscape Incompatibility?

This topic is 8624 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

(Please forgive the cross-posting. I wasn't sure which forum to put this question.)

I've set up an online database using FMP 5 and CDML on Windows NT. It works just dandy with Microsoft Internet Explorer, but I've run into a problem with Netscape Navigator (tested with verison 4.7).

When I try to submit a new record using Netscape, I get the following JavaScript Application error message:

File Access Restriction:

You do not have access privileges to perform the action: new

Weird things are:

1. It works fine with MS IE.

2. If I use Netscape and the Instant Web Portal, I *am* permitted to enter a new record. So, seemingly I *do* have access privileges.

The HTML/CDML code I'm using for the SUBMIT button is:

INPUT TYPE=submit NAME="-New" VALUE="Add Data"

Any suggestions? Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by jbutler:

(Please forgive the cross-posting. I wasn't sure which forum to put this question.)

I've set up an online database using FMP 5 and CDML on Windows NT. It works just dandy with Microsoft Internet Explorer, but I've run into a problem with Netscape Navigator (tested with verison 4.7).

When I try to submit a new record using Netscape, I get the following JavaScript Application error message:

File Access Restriction:

You do not have access privileges to perform the action: new

Weird things are:

1. It works fine with MS IE.

2. If I use Netscape and the Instant Web Portal, I *am* permitted to enter a new record. So, seemingly I *do* have access privileges.

The HTML/CDML code I'm using for the SUBMIT button is:

INPUT TYPE=submit NAME="-New" VALUE="Add Data"

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I have been having exacly the same problems crossing over from using FMP 4 to 5 with Web Companion. The errors are intermittent. I have experienced the problem on both IE and Netscape browsers with Mac as server and Client. Very frustrating problem.

Can't find any reference to this problem anywhere.

Have tried raising memory partition but no help either.

A few more details are needed:

* does the database have passowrd or other access restrictions

* are you using instant or custom web publishing?

* what are the file restrictions on the server (a long shot)

Things that I have found that affect MIE and Navigtaor are spaces (and other odd characters) in field names that sometimes get jumbled as they get url-ed back to the server. One db I worked with would not work correctly on one browser (dunno which, MIE I think) until I changed the field names in the FMP database to remove all the spaces.

I find it odd that you are getting javascript errors. Are you using Instant publishing?

This topic is 8624 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.