Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Why ain't white... uh... white?

This topic is 8616 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

<AndyRooney annoying="on">

Why is it that when the FileMaker displays an embedded graphic on a web page via a database container field that it can't make a white image background white?

</AndyRooney>

Anyone else seen this or have an answer for it? When I put a graphic in a container field for a web page, it gets dulled quite a bit when displayed. Whites turn grey-ish. It's like the FMP converter just won't do whites. I have pasted the image into the container field as both a metafile and a bitmap and both format yield the same greying effect (but the bitmap version looks MUCH sharper). I have also done, 16, 256 and 16 million colors and all versions have the same greying effect.

Any suggestions?

Check out FMP work in progress at http://www.faxdaily.com for a good laugh and and example of this condition.

quote:

Originally posted by dwolfe:

<AndyRooney annoying="on">

Why is it that when the FileMaker displays an embedded graphic on a web page via a database container field that it can't make a white image background white?

</AndyRooney>

Anyone else seen this or have an answer for it? When I put a graphic in a container field for a web page, it gets dulled quite a bit when displayed. Whites turn grey-ish. It's like the FMP converter just won't do whites. I have pasted the image into the container field as both a metafile and a bitmap and both format yield the same greying effect (but the bitmap version looks MUCH sharper). I have also done, 16, 256 and 16 million colors and all versions have the same greying effect.

Any suggestions?

Check out FMP work in progress at
for a good laugh and and example of this condition.

I don't know why it's happening, but a possible work around would be to not store the graphics themselves in the database, but to store path references to the graphics, and use these in the web to reference the original graphics.

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

FMP converts container-held graphic into JPEG format before sending to the web. Instead of meta or bmp formats, use jpeg format right from the start. That may speed everything up, too.

This topic is 8616 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.