Server Maintenance This Week. ×

-Op doesn't work?

This topic is 8605 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I can't seem to find a way to make the -Op thingie to work with my searches. The code:

----------------------------------

<form name="sort" method="post" action="http://130.100.101.101:591/ctnz/FMPro">

<input type="hidden" name="-DB" value="[FMP-CurrentDatabase]">

<input type="hidden" name="-Format" value="tablice/[FMP-CurrentDatabase]-list.htm">

<input type="hidden" name="-Max" value="[FMP-CurrentMax]">

<input type="hidden" name="-Lay" value="CGI">

<input type="hidden" name="-Error" value="tablice/[FMP-CurrentDatabase]-list.htm">

<input type="hidden" name="-Op" value="bw">

<input type="text" id="searchvalue" name="IDd" value="" class="inputBox" style="width:155px;">

<hr size="1">

Rezultate sortiraj po

<select name="-Sortfield" size="1" style="width:155px;">

<option value="IDd" selected>ID-u</option>

<option value="ime">Imenu</option>

<option value="prezime">Prezimenu</option>

<option value="IDs">Org. Jedinici</option>

</select>

<br>

<input type="hidden" Name="-Find" Value=" ">

<input type="submit" name="-Find" value="Pokreni" class="pbutton" style="width:155px;">

</form>

------------------------------

It copmletely ignores the Operator and returns results that don't begin with the search value.

Anyone?

Tnx

Roko

That's interesting, because the default value is "bw." Try leaving the whole -Op tag out completely.

If it still doesn't work then you have other problems with the logic of your form.

• Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by Vaughan:

That's interesting, because the default value is "bw." Try leaving the whole -Op tag out completely.

If it still doesn't work then you have other problems with the logic of your form.

I have tryied with other options and all it does is allways searches for "contained" text

e.g.

search=Ann

result=Ann,Anna,Marry-Ann

Roko

This "extra" hidden tag is a work-around to a problem (that gets asked on the forum at least every other week) where the form works when the submit button is clicked with the mouse. but produces and error when the return key is pressed.

It can be left in, it's not causing any harm.

The other hidden tag,

<input type="submit" name="-Find" value="Pokreni" class="pbutton" style="width:155px;">

does confuse me a bit. I dunno what it does but by all means try the form without it.

I reckon you've got to try to get the exact match thing happpening. Pop in anpther hidden tag before the search field with "==" in it and see what happens.

This "extra" hidden tag is a work-around to a problem (that gets asked on the forum at least every other week) where the form works when the submit button is clicked with the mouse. but produces and error when the return key is pressed.

It can be left in, it's not causing any harm.

The other hidden tag,

does confuse me a bit. I dunno what it does but by all means try the form without it.

I reckon you've got to try to get the exact match thing happpening. Pop in anpther hidden tag before the search field with "==" in it and see what happens.

This topic is 8605 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.