Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Creating a HTML page for each record off a template and uploading

This topic is 8705 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi

I am currently creating a website for an antique store. They have all thier stock on a FMP4.1 database and im looking for a viable and efficent way of creating a HTML page off a template for each record/peice of stock for upload. I have lookd into custom web publishing but it seems that you can only create a template that loads the record info dynamically when a record is accsessed.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Thomas Manning

The trick is to create your html page as a text calculation, then export each page as a single file. To do this you'll need to use the Troi File plug-m.... if I remember correctly it includes a demo HTML export... if not, I think I may have an example database for it.

You can also create index/directory pages in HTML for accessing the pages you create using a script which captures page links using a sinngle field list layout, a set of looped finds, and a copy all records statement. I'll try and see if I can knock up a demo to do this.

• 1 month later...

In answer to your question, what you can do, is create one template that fills the information automatically from a search request generated from a link and not a form.

for instance, let's say that the main page will have a featured item and that you you want a new item to be set by the database as a featured item by the store owner everymonth. First, you would create a field that flags that record as a featured item, then on the page you would simply put a picture of the item (which could also be placed there dynamically) and then assign it a link tag like this (for a dynamically generated page)

FMPro?-DB=inventory.fp3&-Lay=inventory&-Format=detail.htm&featureditem=[FMP-FIELD: featureditem]&-Find

or for a static page where you have have a link that says "featured items "=

FMPro?-DB=inventory.fp3&-Lay=inventory&-Format=detail.htm&featureditem=yes&-Find

Try reading the CDML tool that comes with filemaker 4.1. It's really a good place to start, also, you might want to try using Claris Homepage to create the database framework of the page (and use golive for the rest. smile.gif

This topic is 8705 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.