Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can HTML tags be left unchanged by web companion?

This topic is 8710 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

In the page I am designing, I made a single calculated field to show the detailed information in a record online. I thought it would be simpler doing this one field then having a dozen different fields getting published seperately. The web companion does not register the paragraph symbol into the html conversion though, so all the information runs together in a long line. I tried putting HTML tags in the calculation, but web companion changes it so it is displayed as text, instead of a part of the HTML. As far as I can tell, none of the external Web functions will do anything for this situation. Am I doomed to creating a dozen little fields?

------------------

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

This answer is based on CDML

You need to do 2 things.

First in storage options (Define Fields) select ASCII.

Then where refereincing the field use the, Break command as below.

[FMP-FIELD: Review, Break]

• Newbies

Thanks craso! Your reply helped get me on the right track. I found that if you want to do even more html formating though, you use:

[FMP-FIELD: Field name, raw]

When you use this you have to put HTML tags in for absolutly everything though, or else you will have one big run together field from your calculation.

The only reference I found that mentions this stuff was the CDML References in Web Tools that came with FMPro 4.0. Nothing that came with 5 seems to discuss this. Maybe it does in the developer edition...

------------------

This topic is 8710 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.