Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Login password verification failure

This topic is 8717 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

II am developing a website that requires the user to enter a name and a password stored on a filemaker database... The Html file, currently submits a find to the filameker db and checks for the correct user and password. However, if you enter the user name with no password, still finds the right record and returns a successful request html file. I tried java scripting, but I was not able to make the script work on verifying that the password field was not empty... Anyone know of a different way of implementing a login method that is secure? ( or more secure anyway)

Rick

[email protected]

Rick, I spent six frustrating weeks finding the answer to that question. I finally stumbled across it in a FileMaker document on their web site. I don't know the reference so I cannot give it. However, to save you grief try this in your <form>...</form> structure

<input type="hidden" name="user's name field" value="=="><input type="text" name="user's name field" value="" size="25">

<input type="password" name="password field" value="=="><input type="text" name="password field" value="" size="12">

Also good for more than two-field searches.

Peace

Keith M. Davie

This topic is 8717 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.